ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

entrepreneur Tier one question

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ia18
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

entrepreneur Tier one question

Post by ia18 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:44 am

here's my situation/question;

I am a permanent resident in UK I have a company here in business for over 7 years, I would like to bring my brother to help me in my business on Tier1 entrepreneur visa from oustide the EU

My business partner is also transferring his Visa from sponsored working permit to entrepreneur Tier one, ideally they will be sharing the £200k between them for the application. here are the questions I have;
1) can I provide the funds from myself/my company for him?
2) can I add his name in the company with shares worth his part of 100k ? is that enough for the application or does he have to have the money in his name in a bank account overseas?
3) can I apply for him from the UK or does he have to apply from abroad?
4) does the money have to be held in the account for the application process? or it shall just be running in the business?
5) how long does the application usually takes? it says 3 weeks but what's the average time it actually takes?
6) does the money has to come from his personal account from abroad or can it come from my dad's account for example or my uncle abroad?

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: entrepreneur Tier one question

Post by marcnath » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:59 am

Do the questions above relate to you brother or your business partner ?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:21 pm

He will have to apply from abroad. The money can come from your dad or uncle account to him but will need a solicito or lawyer to attest to this. There must also be a letter from the third party in this regard.
He can also apply as a team with your friend if that is the choice, however they have to satisfy the requirements as a team. He can invest in your business but he will need to satisfy more requirements as per job creation etc however he can establish a new business, which looks much more straightforward.
Bizman

ia18
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ia18 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:02 pm

marcnath wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:59 am
Do the questions above relate to you brother or your business partner ?
thank you for your reply,
the question is about my brother

ia18
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ia18 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:06 pm

bizman wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:21 pm
He will have to apply from abroad. The money can come from your dad or uncle account to him but will need a solicito or lawyer to attest to this. There must also be a letter from the third party in this regard.
He can also apply as a team with your friend if that is the choice, however they have to satisfy the requirements as a team. He can invest in your business but he will need to satisfy more requirements as per job creation etc however he can establish a new business, which looks much more straightforward.
Thank you very much for your reply, very much appreciated,
just few things am not clear about in the answer; would I be able to provide the funds to him from here from my account in uk? in this case how do we do that? i can't open an account for him here because he's not here!

for the funds, how long it has to stay in the account? or can he start operations with it strait away ie buying and selling?

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:15 pm

You can give him the funds as a third party, there is nothing wrong about that. You will only need to write to confirm that as per the T1E immigration rule and a solicitor have to also write to confirm that.
Bizman

Irfanlibra2017
United Kingdom

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:23 am

One thing i would like to add here is that from 16th january 2018, funds from close family members like bro sis wife parents will not be accepted as a third party funding.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:42 am

Irfanlibra2017 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:23 am
One thing i would like to add here is that from 16th january 2018, funds from close family members like bro sis wife parents will not be accepted as a third party funding.
It is usually helpful to others if you post the official link detailing chagnes when you make a statement as you have above.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Irfanlibra2017
United Kingdom

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:12 am

Hi,

Sorry for not posting the actual link in my reply. Below is the link of the statement of change in immigration policy.

link:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _Rules.pdf

Go to page 30, Point no. 39
(a) In all cases, an applicant cannot score points from any of the
following:

(ii) money made available from a third party, where the third party
is another Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Migrant, or that migrant’s
business or close family member.

Thanks

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:48 pm

You can definitely take money from relative if they are not T1E
Bizman

Irfanlibra2017
United Kingdom

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:29 am

May be i am wrong but i think the point does not says that. It say tier1E OR close family.