ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU family member with UK permanent residency traveling from UK to Poland

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Chicago
Newly Registered

EU family member with UK permanent residency traveling from UK to Poland

Post by Chicago » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:06 pm

Hello Guys

please I need urgent help if you can .
I am an EU family member I hold a UK permanent residency I always travel to schengen with my wife which she's from EU country without any problem however today is been bad day because we went to take a flight to Poland but they did not let me travel as they said is new regulation about 2 weeks ago an EU family member even you hold permanent residency document and you travel with your wife fromEU you must have a visa or EU resident card .

I tried to look online about this new update but I couldn't see any .

please if is this information is true or if there is a mistake could please let me know asap .

Thanks a lots in advance

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Re: EU family member with UK permanent residency traveling from UK to Poland

Post by dan1988uk » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:37 am

You said that you have permanent residence as an EU family member so you have a biometric Card, right? And then you said that they hold you that you need a visa or a Residence Card, so what do you have?

mgb

Post by mgb » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:43 am

There wasn't any change.
A permanent residence card issued on basis of the directive 2004/38 is a residence permit in the sense of the schengen law.
A residence permit allow visa free entry.

Schengen borders code

Article 2 section 16

‘residence permit’ means:
(a)
all residence permits issued by the Member States according to the uniform format laid down by Council Regulation (EC) No 1030/2002 (23) and residence cards issued in accordance with Directive 2004/38/EC;

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/ ... 32016R0399

Mugen
Ukraine

Post by Mugen » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:32 am

Obviously its mistake on their side. I had situation when member of staff of the airline company said I'm not allowed to travel with my EU partner because I need a visa. I told him he is wrong and asked to SHOW me where its written In their guidance, after 2 minutes of reading he apologized and the matter has ended.
Did you note names or any details of the person who refuse your boarding so you can write a complaint and ask for refund or later flight free of charge?