ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent question regarding council housing letter

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

waitingforspouse
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Bank statement transactions

Post by waitingforspouse » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:29 pm

I've printed the last 6 month bank statements until today's date from my online banking service. I went to the local branch and they stamped signed and dated every single page (current and saving account).

Sso I believe this is OK if I am not mistaken. I just had a couple of questions I was hoping someone could enlighten me.

How should I approach highlighting my statements. Is it a matter of highlighting my salary with a highlighter or just ballpoint pen underline ?

I also transfer money to my savings account, Should I explain this on the side or is this irreverent information?
Should I explain credit card refund I had of around £1100 pounds last month?

Thank you.

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Re: Bank statement transactions

Post by debrancherenzym » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:45 pm

waitingforspouse wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:29 pm
I've printed the last 6 month bank statements until today's date from my online banking service. I went to the local branch and they stamped signed and dated every single page (current and saving account).

Sso I believe this is OK if I am not mistaken. I just had a couple of questions I was hoping someone could enlighten me.

How should I approach highlighting my statements. Is it a matter of highlighting my salary with a highlighter or just ballpoint pen underline ?

I also transfer money to my savings account, Should I explain this on the side or is this irreverent information?
Should I explain credit card refund I had of around £1100 pounds last month?

Thank you.
Case officers know what to look for and they only want to see money coming in. You don’t need to highlight or mark anything as if you are above the threshold, statements are self explanatory. Hope this helps

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:46 pm

Yes that statement must be accepted but still for safe side make sure that it shows your address, bank logo and type of account which a lot online statements miss. And if you are meeting financial threshold through employment then incoming or outgoing transactions won't matter except your salary.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

sam550
United Kingdom

Post by sam550 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:54 am

I printed my bank statements on black n white printer without logo but had address on it and stamped by bank, visa was granted without a problem so you'll be ok, yoiu don't need to highlight anything....case worker knows what are they looking for.

Best of luck

waitingforspouse
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by waitingforspouse » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:23 am

My online statements only have my account number sort code my full name bank logo and transactions there is no address. I thought this was ok for electronic statements ?

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:15 pm

waitingforspouse wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:23 am
My online statements only have my account number sort code my full name bank logo and transactions there is no address. I thought this was ok for electronic statements ?
Hi,

you are better off in actually going to your bank branch and ordering the statements to you registered address. Most banks now don't stamp or sign printed statements now, some do of course. This way at least you will have genuine bank statements.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

waitingforspouse
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by waitingforspouse » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:37 pm

Ok, the only problem is my bank statements don't renew until the 10th of each month and my salary was paid in on the 22nd (I also have a letter from my employer to confirm early payment of salary due to festive period and holidays).

I was going to apply next week as I can't wait any longer or my other documents will expire such as housing letter, tb test, etc.

I could have sworn electronic statements are ok as long as the branch stamp and sign them with date on every single page of the online statements. They state my full name account number sort code transactions and dates of the statement i.e. from 6 months ago.

edit:
(iii) in relation to personal bank statements be only in the name of:
(1) the applicant’s partner, the applicant or both as appropriate; or
(2) if the applicant is a child the applicant parent’s partner, the applicant’s parent or both as appropriate; or
(3) if the applicant is an adult dependent relative, the applicant’s sponsor or the applicant, unless otherwise stated.
(iv) cover the period(s) specified.
(v) be:
(1) on official bank stationery; or
(2) electronic bank statements which are either accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page.

If I request official ones I won't get them in time rendering all my efforts in accumulating the documents I have now useless.

Can anyone confirm the above rule in this case it would be ok? Or have I got to scrap this and start again?
Thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:13 am

waitingforspouse wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:37 pm
Ok, the only problem is my bank statements don't renew until the 10th of each month and my salary was paid in on the 22nd (I also have a letter from my employer to confirm early payment of salary due to festive period and holidays).

I was going to apply next week as I can't wait any longer or my other documents will expire such as housing letter, tb test, etc.

I could have sworn electronic statements are ok as long as the branch stamp and sign them with date on every single page of the online statements. They state my full name account number sort code transactions and dates of the statement i.e. from 6 months ago.

edit:
(iii) in relation to personal bank statements be only in the name of:
(1) the applicant’s partner, the applicant or both as appropriate; or
(2) if the applicant is a child the applicant parent’s partner, the applicant’s parent or both as appropriate; or
(3) if the applicant is an adult dependent relative, the applicant’s sponsor or the applicant, unless otherwise stated.
(iv) cover the period(s) specified.
(v) be:
(1) on official bank stationery; or
(2) electronic bank statements which are either accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page.

If I request official ones I won't get them in time rendering all my efforts in accumulating the documents I have now useless.

Can anyone confirm the above rule in this case it would be ok? Or have I got to scrap this and start again?
Thank you.
Don't be confused from others opinion as yours bank statements seems like fit under the guidelines. And don't make older to your other documents from it's relevant expiry date only on that reason.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

waitingforspouse
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by waitingforspouse » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:37 pm

Thanks for the response.

Assuming the date of the statements are ok and cover my recent salary payment on the 22nd of December 2017, will this be ok for me to apply for the settlement visa in January?

My statements are dated from 28th June until 29th December 2017 which is just over 6 months. I plan on applying next Tuesday.

Thank you.

waitingforspouse
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Urgent question regarding council housing letter

Post by waitingforspouse » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:31 pm

Hi guys

I am re-applying for a spouse visa and the only document I was worried about is the housing letter.

The inspection was originally carried out in July 2017 the housing officer said they don't need to carry out another inspection and will supply a letter to confirm no overcrowding etc.

On the letter it mentions the date of inspection being July 2017.

Is this critical or is it more that the council letter is dated within 28 days of the application? I can't find anything to confirm as such on the rules or appendix.

The most recent letter I paid for has January's date which is fine. The date of inspection is irrelevant in this case ? I can't understand why an inspection would need to be re-done. I am also questioning whether I needed another letter at all as the original letter confirmed no overcrowding.

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Urgent question regarding council housing letter

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:38 pm

waitingforspouse wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:31 pm
Hi guys

I am re-applying for a spouse visa and the only document I was worried about is the housing letter.

The inspection was originally carried out in July 2017 the housing officer said they don't need to carry out another inspection and will supply a letter to confirm no overcrowding etc.

On the letter it mentions the date of inspection being July 2017.

Is this critical or is it more that the council letter is dated within 28 days of the application? I can't find anything to confirm as such on the rules or appendix.

The most recent letter I paid for has January's date which is fine. The date of inspection is irrelevant in this case ? I can't understand why an inspection would need to be re-done. I am also questioning whether I needed another letter at all as the original letter confirmed no overcrowding.

Thank you.
Are you the sole tenant in the property?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:20 pm

Preferably don't show old date even with new letter because it can confuse caseworker. If you go high street you can extremely easily find another estate agent.

waitingforspouse
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by waitingforspouse » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:36 am

No, it is mortgaged.

It looks like from what I have gathered that the inspection is carried out once and is sufficient as it is essentially a written report confirming number of bedrooms, occupants and no overcrowding etc. from a health and safety perspective.

The council pretty much confirmed no further inspection is necessary as the abode has not been modified in anyway since the last time it was done last year, the report still stands. They have simply provided an up to date report with last years inspection date.