ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visitor's Visa - Time for Entry

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kam1234
Newly Registered

Family Visitor's Visa - Time for Entry

Post by Kam1234 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:37 pm

Dear Members

I have a question and I will be highly obliged for your valuable answers

My Mrs expecting a baby in the first week of January 2018. My mother has got visit visa for six months and the reason for getting her visa was she was coming to help us in delivery and for the initial care of newborn.
Due to some compelling reasons my mother can't join us in January. She is planning to come on 4th February 2018 for 2 months.

Kindly let me know, will there be any problem at UK border Immigration as she will be coming bit late. Her visa was granted on 27th Dec 17. Will they ask her why you coming last after the birth of newborn when your visa was issued as you were supposed to come and assist the mother and baby during delivery and just after birth?

Your valuable answers will be much appreciated
Thanking you in anticipation

Regards

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Family Visitor's Visa - Time for Entry

Post by makky86 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:45 pm

Kam1234 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:37 pm
Dear Members

I have a question and I will be highly obliged for your valuable answers

My Mrs expecting a baby in the first week of January 2018. My mother has got visit visa for six months and the reason for getting her visa was she was coming to help us in delivery and for the initial care of newborn.
Due to some compelling reasons my mother can't join us in January. She is planning to come on 4th February 2018 for 2 months.

Kindly let me know, will there be any problem at UK border Immigration as she will be coming bit late. Her visa was granted on 27th Dec 17. Will they ask her why you coming last after the birth of newborn when your visa was issued as you were supposed to come and assist the mother and baby during delivery and just after birth?

Your valuable answers will be much appreciated
Thanking you in anticipation

Regards
Shouldn't be any issue. They may ask so you explain to them with the actual reason
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:49 pm

It is not an issue, you are overthinking it.

She can enter the UK at any time during the visa validity.

Did she state in her application she was staying for 2 months???
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kam1234
Newly Registered

Post by Kam1234 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:56 pm

Yes in the application the reason is mentioned that she is coming because of the newborn is coming. And for duration of stay she wrote 2 months

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:10 pm

Kam1234 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:56 pm
Yes in the application the reason is mentioned that she is coming because of the newborn is coming. And for duration of stay she wrote 2 months
Make sure she does leave after 2 months otherwise it will lead to refusal in future applications
II Youths a stuff neve endures II