ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Income from multiple jobs to meet the ILR threshold

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vamshibaka1988
Newly Registered

Income from multiple jobs to meet the ILR threshold

Post by vamshibaka1988 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:19 pm

Hi Guyz,

I am on Tier-2 general visa and working full time with my sponsored employer, however my salary doesn't meet the ILR threshold for 2018. As we know on Tier-2 general visa you can take a second job for up to 20 hours a week without any sponsorship. Can I combine the income from my full time and part time job to meet the ILR threshold or it has to be from one Employer only?

Expert advise needed please

Thanks in advance

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Income from multiple jobs to meet the ILR threshold

Post by makky86 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:36 pm

I am on Tier-2 general visa and working full time with my sponsored employer, however my salary doesn't meet the ILR threshold for 2018. As we know on Tier-2 general visa you can take a second job for up to 20 hours a week without any sponsorship. Can I combine the income from my full time and part time job to meet the ILR threshold or it has to be from one Employer only?

No. You can only claim the primary sponsor salary in order to qualify for ILR.

Whats is your SOC Code and current salary? When your Tier 2 expires?
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

vamshibaka1988
Newly Registered

Post by vamshibaka1988 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:50 pm

Thanks..

Eligible for ILR Jul 2018
Tier-2 Expiry Nov 2018

Got my first Tier-2 in Jul 2013. Can I stay on Tier-2 for 6 years regardless of my total duration in the UK?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:08 pm

Is your 20 hours per week second job exactly the same work as you do for your main sponsor and is it through PAYE?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vamshibaka1988
Newly Registered

Post by vamshibaka1988 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:26 pm

@CR001
Is your 20 hours per week second job exactly the same work as you do for your main sponsor and is it through PAYE?

What't the point of asking this when we know it cannot support the ILR threshold

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:12 pm

vamshibaka1988 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:26 pm
@CR001

What't the point of asking this when we know it cannot support the ILR threshold
Because if its not same as primary job and PAYE then you are breaching Tier 2 work permit and will not be eligibel for ILR hence the reason CR001 asked you. Its for your benefit

vamshibaka1988
Newly Registered

Post by vamshibaka1988 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:32 pm

Thanks for the concern, yeah I know that, that's why didn't ask question on that

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:45 pm

Eligible for ILR Jul 2018
Tier-2 Expiry Nov 2018

You need £35K at the time of the ILR application but sudden increase in pay rise will raise suspicious and can result in ILR refusal and sponsor license suspension then revocation.

When is your next annual increment? Can you get it to £35K as part of annual increment? Even that's bit dangerous so make sure its not you are the only one who get this massive pay rise.

OR

Can you look for another sponsor who can offer more than £35K then you can apply ILR

Got my first Tier-2 in Jul 2013. Can I stay on Tier-2 for 6 years regardless of my total duration in the UK?
you cannot stay more than 6 years on Tier 2. You can switch to another category after that otherwise you'd need to leave UK.

vamshibaka1988
Newly Registered

Post by vamshibaka1988 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:21 pm

suspension, revocation, refusal these things happens when either your employer is not genuine or your job....doesn't apply to me though

I don't think having a pay rise at the last moment led to the ILR refusal. I can have an internal promotion just weeks before my ILR is due and if my employer pays me 35k for the new role well and good and there is nothing wrong in it right (or) my employer can give me a pay rise to match with that the requirement of ILR just to retain me. In both situations Home Office shouldn't have any objection

I happened to visit a law firm website recently and it says you can extend your Tier-2 visa for upto 6 years as long as your total residency in the UK doesn't exceed 6 years? Is this correct?

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:29 pm

suspension, revocation, refusal these things happens when either your employer is not genuine or your job....doesn't apply to me though
Who says that? Have a scan through this forum recently there has been numerous sponsor suspension and revocation because of sudden pay rise beffore ILR. Employer cannot just increase the pay sake of ILR
I don't think having a pay rise at the last moment led to the ILR refusal. I can have an internal promotion just weeks before my ILR is due and if my employer pays me 35k for the new role well and good and there is nothing wrong in it right (or) my employer can give me a pay rise to match with that the requirement of ILR just to retain me. In both situations Home Office shouldn't have any objection
Sure go ahead then expect disaster !
I happened to visit a law firm website recently and it says you can extend your Tier-2 visa for upto 6 years as long as your total residency in the UK doesn't exceed 6 years? Is this correct?
Tier 2 can be extended upto 6 years not more ! That does not have anythign to do with your previous UK residency !

vamshibaka1988
Newly Registered

Post by vamshibaka1988 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:39 pm

Thanks for your comments

I don't understand one thing, why would the sudden pay rise led to the ILR refusal if it is genuine? I mean you can have a pay rise in every new financial year which is between you and your employer. You can have an internal promotion at anytime which happens a lot in my firm and with every promotion you expect some hike in your pay. So why would HO have any objection? please clarify

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:57 pm

I don't understand one thing, why would the sudden pay rise led to the ILR refusal if it is genuine? I mean you can have a pay rise in every new financial year which is between you and your employer. You can have an internal promotion at anytime which happens a lot in my firm and with every promotion you expect some hike in your pay. So why would HO have any objection? please clarify
OK lets take your example. If you are earning 30K and there is pay rise of £5K just before ILR few months. That's like 15% of your salary. So HO will make sure that the 5K pay rise was not just sakke of getting you to the ILR.

They will not suspend license immediately insntead when you apply your application will be held for further checks. HO will visit your company and see if you were the only one who got the this pay rise or there were others as well.

They might ask for justification of pay rise e.g. performance etc.

Only if your sponsor can justify and satisfy then its all okay but if they cannot then it will lead to license being suspended.

So end of the day if the pay rise is really geniuns then yes it will NOT lead to disaster but your application would be held for further checks !

Just giving you heads up

vamshibaka1988
Newly Registered

Post by vamshibaka1988 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:23 pm

Thanks again, it makes more sense now

Do I have to be on 35k for a specific time before my ILR is due?

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:36 pm

vamshibaka1988 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:23 pm
Thanks again, it makes more sense now

Do I have to be on 35k for a specific time before my ILR is due?
You need to be on £35K at the time of the application but just keep in mind that you should not have had any massive spike in your salary before ILR
CW can see history of your salary for last 5 years as its all in HMRC

You can sign up and see your urself as well

https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/account

vamshibaka1988
Newly Registered

Post by vamshibaka1988 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:08 am

Thanks