ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Szymonj0
Newly Registered
Poland

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by Szymonj0 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:38 am

Hello
I have a letter from home office for biometric enrolment. I have only 15 days but one of my finger is wounded exactly where it need to be scanned. What will happen if my finger will not be ready? Thank you All

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:33 am

Szymonj0 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:38 am
Hello
I have a letter from home office for biometric enrolment. I have only 15 days but one of my finger is wounded exactly where it need to be scanned. What will happen if my finger will not be ready? Thank you All
Email UKVI on the address given in the letter explaining the situation.

Maybe go to the Post Office and explain the situation. My letter said "...customers six years and over are required to provide their facial image and fingerprints when physically able to do so" - not sure what "when physically able" means. PO will know what they can and can't accept.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

red poltergeist
inactive

Post by red poltergeist » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:18 pm

Hi,
I am currently a TIER II PBS dependant and will complete my 10 years in Aug 2018.

I was on TER 1 Entrepreneur earlier, will I be asked to show the evidence of my previous VISA i.e if I have invested the money and provided employment etc.

What are the documents do I need to submit to go for my naturalisation visa.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:29 pm

red poltergeist wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:18 pm
Hi,
I am currently a TIER II PBS dependant and will complete my 10 years in Aug 2018.

I was on TER 1 Entrepreneur earlier, will I be asked to show the evidence of my previous VISA i.e if I have invested the money and provided employment etc.

What are the documents do I need to submit to go for my naturalisation visa.
Kindly ask your ILR questions in the ILR sub forum. This sub forum and topic is for citizenship questions only however, I suggest you focus on getting ILR first.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

red poltergeist
inactive

Post by red poltergeist » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:59 pm

ok thanks, I will post my question in correct section

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by smallpie » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:03 pm

Hi people,
Just an update about my application.
I received my approval letter today, dated 4th December.
I even sent them recorded delivery self addressed, but they didn't use it. All docs sent together with the big envelope.
Letter says invitation for ceremony will be sent shortly.

Am over the moon right now.

I applied in June.
Three weeks ago, Recieved a letter with questionnaire to answer few more questions and send more supporting documents to support my answers. As they say, my application is to be judged by good character, and it raised a complex consideration, reasons cos I overstayed for 15months when my work permit expired late 2008.

I sent as much as I can to them and answered the questions,, with covering letter by my EU wife.
Homeoffice received it 27the November.
Letter came today 6th Dec, dated 4the December.

Thank you so much On this forum with all your help and advices..

Since 27th November, Av been checking the online for awaiting to change to decided. But upto this moment am writing, it hasn't changed. So I don't think all applications gets the update online.

I was worried few days ago when it didn't change lol

But it does not matter anymore now 😁.

Wish the rest waiting good luck.
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

Sakos
Newly Registered
Sudan

Post by Sakos » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:10 pm

Hi
For people who got approvals, once the ceremony is done, how long does it take for the passport to arrive? btw i have used JCAP

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:31 pm

Sakos wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:10 pm
Hi
For people who got approvals, once the ceremony is done, how long does it take for the passport to arrive? btw i have used JCAP

Thanks
It can take a couple of weeks. All depends how quickly the council informs HO that you have attended the ceremony and how long HO takes then to kickstart HMPO to finish the passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

randomperson
Latvia

Post by randomperson » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:08 pm

Out of curiosity, has anyone observed ANY pattern in how long people's application processing is taking? I've looked and don't see any pattern - doesn't appear that spouses/EU/non-EU/NCS/non-NCS cases are being processed faster/slower than one another. The only thing seems to be people with past convictions/cautions/immigration overstaying etc issues.

Curious is there are any theories on this, other than if you're lucky or unlucky with which caseworker your application is assigned to.

bmstein
Mood:
Poland

Post by bmstein » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:29 pm

randomperson wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:08 pm
Out of curiosity, has anyone observed ANY pattern in how long people's application processing is taking? I've looked and don't see any pattern - doesn't appear that spouses/EU/non-EU/NCS/non-NCS cases are being processed faster/slower than one another. The only thing seems to be people with past convictions/cautions/immigration overstaying etc issues.

Curious is there are any theories on this, other than if you're lucky or unlucky with which caseworker your application is assigned to.
My observation is that Non-EU tend to get processed quicker that EU, which would make sense since the EU applications increased by 80% according to BBC report. I'm sure its not a rule though. Also its been suggested that the longer you've lied in UK the longer the period they have to check so might take longer for the decision.

bmstein
Mood:
Poland

Post by bmstein » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:31 pm

bmstein wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:29 pm
randomperson wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:08 pm

My observation is that Non-EU tend to get processed quicker that EU, which would make sense since the EU applications increased by 80% according to BBC report. I'm sure its not a rule though. Also its been suggested that the longer you've lied in UK the longer the period they have to check so might take longer for the decision.
lived not lied :D

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:00 pm

bmstein wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:31 pm
... Also its been suggested that the longer you've lived in UK the longer the period they have to check so might take longer for the decision.
Appreciate the waiting is probably the hardest thing, but all this is just speculation. In my case, at the time of application had lived 38 years in the UK (EU) but it only took three months from date of application to date of ceremony. This was just after the referendum when many people were still finding their feet and UKVI wasn't asbusy as today. OK, by then I had worked for the same company just under 30 years plus some other facts that hadn't changed in 30 years. Go figure.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

calavera99
Turkey

Post by calavera99 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:31 pm

Hi Guys,

I just applied by the end of November via NCS. Despite the fact that I asked the NCS officer to submit my P60s and pay slips he said I wouldn't need them and didn't include into my application.

Do you think that is ok to apply without P60s and pay slips?

PE: I am applying after 5 years of Tier II + 13 months of ILR.

Thanks

Udani
Newly Registered

Post by Udani » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:12 pm

calavera99 wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:31 pm
Hi Guys,

I just applied by the end of November via NCS. Despite the fact that I asked the NCS officer to submit my P60s and pay slips he said I wouldn't need them and didn't include into my application.

Do you think that is ok to apply without P60s and pay slips?

PE: I am applying after 5 years of Tier II + 13 months of ILR.

Thanks
Hi;
I applied through NCS Ealing and I was advised by council lady that you don't need to send your tax records or payslips or P60's. I told her that guideline says clearly that applicant should provide earning details. she replied that it is more relevant for European nationals. anyways I told her that I want to send it. only than she unhappily copied my earning related documents. I applied on 4th October on bases of tier-1 and ILR, still waiting for decision.
I think you can contact home office and send as further documents.
Best of luck with ur application.

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by smallpie » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:24 pm

I don't think it's harming if u send the p60s or tax record with your application.
It Wld probably make it easier and smoothier for the caseworker not to dig further into your history.
But if they need additional information or docs, they will ask for it Anyways.

When I applied the NCS staff didn't want to take my self assessment tax return record ( only for 2016-17 year),, saying not needed.
I insisted to include it, and She did.

I didn't submit any payslips or p60s.

HO needed more information and docs, they wrote to me few weeks ago, and on Wednesday I got my approval letter.
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

randomperson
Latvia

Post by randomperson » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:22 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:00 pm
bmstein wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:31 pm
... Also its been suggested that the longer you've lived in UK the longer the period they have to check so might take longer for the decision.
Appreciate the waiting is probably the hardest thing, but all this is just speculation. In my case, at the time of application had lived 38 years in the UK (EU) but it only took three months from date of application to date of ceremony. This was just after the referendum when many people were still finding their feet and UKVI wasn't asbusy as today. OK, by then I had worked for the same company just under 30 years plus some other facts that hadn't changed in 30 years. Go figure.
Oh I know it's speculation, I was just curious if anyone else had noticed any sort of trend that I hadn't - I haven't picked up on one at all really. It was similar with the EEA(PR) paperwork, a colleague and I both applied within a few months of each other and have almost identical circumstances/time in UK, the same employer, live in the same area, and used the same council passport return service - and hers took less than half the time mine did. We applied for citizenship with the same NCS service a month apart, so it'll be interesting to see if for some reason now mine takes 2 months and hers takes 6 or something.

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:43 am

So is the passport receipt process as erratic as the grant of citizenship? I had my ceremony on 24 November and I’m still waiting, I saw one timeline where they had their ceremony the day before me and they got theirs on the first!

I just called HMPO about changing the address to post it to to my work address as I’m moving flats and also is no slot here for delivery (as the previous person I spoke to said I could). This person said they need a letter from my employer saying they are happy to receive it and also a letter from me saying please send it there. All she could tell me was my application hadn’t been passed for printing yet.

She also said if D.X can’t deliver the passport they won’t redeliver to a different address and they’ve don’t like you picking up from DX. This contradicts what I was told by the last person I spoke to.

Anyone have any insight on this?

peachy36
Newly Registered

Post by peachy36 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:36 pm

Hello - Just wondered if anyone noticed you're no longer allowed to check your naturalisation application status online? Any news as to why, or when it will be back up? :?

Thanks! C

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:45 pm

peachy36 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:36 pm
Hello - Just wondered if anyone noticed you're no longer allowed to check your naturalisation application status online? Any news as to why, or when it will be back up? :?

Thanks! C
Yes, members have and there is a dedicated topic for these posts. Please post in the appropriate place and not the general discussion thread.

british-citizenship/check-the-status-of ... -1720.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)

calavera99
Turkey

Post by calavera99 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:15 pm

Hi,

I applied for BC via NCS in London after 5 years of Tier II general + 13 months of ILR in last month. I received the letter and submitted the biometrics and will be waiting to hear from them.

I am planning to quit my job in UK in February 2018 and have a break for traveling/charity work for a while. I will remain my address in London and will be traveling to UK back and forth until the summer so there won't be a risk that I can miss my letter to attend the ceremony on time etc..

I haven't seen or read anywhere that continuous employment is necessary for naturalisation application to become successful but wanted to ask here if anyone knows anything for cases like this?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:47 pm

calavera99 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:15 pm
I haven't seen or read anywhere that continuous employment is necessary for naturalisation application to become successful but wanted to ask here if anyone knows anything for cases like this?
There isn't such a requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Saulsaul
Newly Registered
United States of America

After ceremony , passport?

Post by Saulsaul » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:38 pm

Hi guys ,I have done my ceremony on 19/12, but I have still received my passport yet . Applied for passport joint application.

Is there anything we have to do after the ceremony or they will know straight away and issued the passport for you ?

Can anyone tell me what's the BRP? Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: After ceremony , passport?

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:43 pm

Saulsaul wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:38 pm
Hi guys ,I have done my ceremony on 19/12, but I have still received my passport yet . Applied for passport joint application.

Is there anything we have to do after the ceremony or they will know straight away and issued the passport for you ?

Can anyone tell me what's the BRP? Thank you.
Nothing you need to do. The Council will inform HO that you attended your ceremony and this should kick start the passport process/printing. Given the holiday season, there is likely a delay.

BRP = Biometric Residence Permit - if you have ILR you should have one which needs to be sent back to HO, usually within 5 days after your ceremony. If you have ILR as a sticker in your passport, then nothing to send back.

As an aside, why have you registered a new username?

member/Saulman/

This is not permitted.

multiple usernames (clic)
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mmali

Post by mmali » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:55 pm

Dear Friends,
I applied for British Citizenship on Based on Married to British Citizen after three months of ILR on 13-12-2017 and the HO has deducted its fee on 20-12-2017.i put the dates of my all fingerprints in UK on the form. The recent one was seven month ago for ILR .I have not heard from them yet.
My friend who applied same day as me has received his biometric fingerprints invitation letter 20-12-2017.
I am worried about the delay and they has not sent me back the original documents like my wife passport yet too.
Any advice will be appreciated
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:01 pm

mmali wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:55 pm
Dear Friends,
I applied for British Citizenship on 13-12-2017 and the HO has deducted its fee on 20-12-2017.i put the dates of my all fingerprints in UK aim the form. I have not heard from them yet.
My friend who applied same day as me has received his biometric fingerprints invitation letter 20-12-2017.
I am worried about and they has not sent me back the original documents like my wife passport yet too.
Any advice will be appreciated
Thanks
You will get a letter when it is sent out and once the backlog from the festive period clears. You don't get your original documents back while your application is being processed. You only get them back shortly before or shortly after you receive your approval letter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)