ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T2 visa minimum salary

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

princesh
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

T2 visa minimum salary

Post by princesh » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:39 pm

Hi,

I am on a tier 2 sponsored visa and my SoC is 2134. I earn slightly higher than £40K. I buy some days off from my employer and that reduces my take-to-home salary. (1) What is the minimum salary that I shouldn't surpass to be able to have the ILR?

(2) Should I deduct my contribution to the pension and contribution to child vouchers?

(3) Does this minimum change year after year?

Thanks

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: T2 visa minimum salary

Post by makky86 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:29 pm

princesh wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:39 pm
Hi,

I am on a tier 2 sponsored visa and my SoC is 2134. I earn slightly higher than £40K. I buy some days off from my employer and that reduces my take-to-home salary. (1) What is the minimum salary that I shouldn't surpass to be able to have the ILR?

(2) Should I deduct my contribution to the pension and contribution to child vouchers?

Thanks
for ILR requirement the minimum you should be earning is £35K and higher than SOC code

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... illed-work

you should be earning Experienced worker: £36,000 to qualify for ILR

This salary should be at the time of applying ILR.

You mention you buy some holidays that reduces your salary. Can you post how much salary has been reduced in last 6 months?
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

princesh
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by princesh » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:51 pm

Thanks for your quick reply, @makky86.

My basic salary is 3,360.50 monthly.
- 96.77 holiday purchase (monthly)
- 243.00 child vouchers (monthly)
- 100.82 pension (monthly)
All of this is before tax. After tax my take-home is 2,258.92 monthly.

(1) So how to calculate how many days more I can buy? each day costs me £150 before tax.

you mentioned that " you should be earning Experienced worker: £36,000 to qualify for ILR " - (2) is it 36K each year or only on the year of the application?

(3) does the 36K go higher each year?

Thanks for your help

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:41 pm

princesh wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:51 pm
Thanks for your quick reply, @makky86.

My basic salary is 3,360.50 monthly.
- 96.77 holiday purchase (monthly)
- 243.00 child vouchers (monthly)
- 100.82 pension (monthly)
All of this is before tax. After tax my take-home is 2 2,258.9monthly.

(1) So how to calculate how many days more I can buy? each day costs me £150 before tax.

you mentioned that " you should be earning Experienced worker: £36,000 to qualify for ILR " - (2) is it 36K each year or only on the year of the application?

(3) does the 36K go higher each year?

Thanks for your help
At the time of the application. You'd need to get the letter from emploer with your current salary and to prove that you'd need to submit 3 months payslips and bank statements.

goutham
Newly Registered
India

Post by goutham » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:10 pm

Hi Need help please...

I'm getting married 22 April 2018 in India and planning to Apply a tier 2 dependent visa for my wife. Currently, we are preparing the documents.

About the Main Application: I'm on Tier 2 general Visa valid until Oct 2020 (However I will be eligible for ILR by Oct 2019).

Question 1: While we apply dependent visa should we apply for a 3 years visa or 5 years? if it is 3 years, what should we do after 3 years (by that time the Main applicant will be on ILR)?

Question 2: Maintenance - Can "A rated" sponsor provide a letter for the dependent? or it is mandatory to maintain funds in our accounts for 90 days?

Question 3: Is there any priority service available in India (application centre Chennai)? How much is the charge? What is the turn around time? Can some send some link where I can get more info?

Question 4: Should the dependent book a flight ticket before applying for the visa?

Question 5: How quick UKVI process the Tier 2 dependent visa ? min & max time from India, Centre Chennai.

Question 6: Below are the documents we aiming to collect, do we need to include any other documents? please.
Main Applicant (Sponsor):
1. Passport & BRP copy
2. Current and Past Cos, Employment Contract, P60 and Payslip (last 6 months)
3. Salary Bank statement (last 6 months)
4. Maintenance bank statement (main applicant or applicant or A rated sponsor letter)
5. Tenancy Agreement & NOC from landlord
6. Employment Verification Letter
7. Sponsor Letter from Main applicant to applicant
8. Past travel tickets to India and flight ticket to attend the marriage.
9. Random Phone Log, Whatsapp Call log and Whatsapp chat screenshots.

Applicant (dependent):
1. Application form & NHS paid receipt
2. 2 recent UK visa photo
3. Original passport
4. UK Master Degree Original & IELTS Orginal
5. Valid TB certificate
6. Criminal Record Certificate

Marriage Documents:
1. Original Marriage Certificate + Translated to English if required
2. Wedding Photographs
3. Wedding Invitation + Translated to English if required
4. Receipt from Marriage Hall

Thank you very much for your support.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:17 pm

goutham wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:10 pm
Hi Need help please...

I'm getting married 22 April 2018 in India and planning to Apply a tier 2 dependent visa for my wife. Currently, we are preparing the documents.

About the Main Application: I'm on Tier 2 general Visa valid until Oct 2020 (However I will be eligible for ILR by Oct 2019).

Question 1: While we apply dependent visa should we apply for a 3 years visa or 5 years? if it is 3 years, what should we do after 3 years (by that time the Main applicant will be on ILR)?

Question 2: Maintenance - Can "A rated" sponsor provide a letter for the dependent? or it is mandatory to maintain funds in our accounts for 90 days?

Question 3: Is there any priority service available in India (application centre Chennai)? How much is the charge? What is the turn around time? Can some send some link where I can get more info?

Question 4: Should the dependent book a flight ticket before applying for the visa?

Question 5: How quick UKVI process the Tier 2 dependent visa ? min & max time from India, Centre Chennai.

Question 6: Below are the documents we aiming to collect, do we need to include any other documents? please.
Main Applicant (Sponsor):
1. Passport & BRP copy
2. Current and Past Cos, Employment Contract, P60 and Payslip (last 6 months)
3. Salary Bank statement (last 6 months)
4. Maintenance bank statement (main applicant or applicant or A rated sponsor letter)
5. Tenancy Agreement & NOC from landlord
6. Employment Verification Letter
7. Sponsor Letter from Main applicant to applicant
8. Past travel tickets to India and flight ticket to attend the marriage.
9. Random Phone Log, Whatsapp Call log and Whatsapp chat screenshots.

Applicant (dependent):
1. Application form & NHS paid receipt
2. 2 recent UK visa photo
3. Original passport
4. UK Master Degree Original & IELTS Orginal
5. Valid TB certificate
6. Criminal Record Certificate

Marriage Documents:
1. Original Marriage Certificate + Translated to English if required
2. Wedding Photographs
3. Wedding Invitation + Translated to English if required
4. Receipt from Marriage Hall

Thank you very much for your support.
stop tagging your question to someone' else question please. Create new top and post your question there. This create confusion and also its unfair to the OP as well !!!!

goutham
Newly Registered
India

Post by goutham » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:20 pm

Apologies, I have just joined this page, wasn't sure how to post a question.

I have managed to post a separate topic. Grateful if you could help me there, Please. link below.

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/tier ... 45923.html

Akorotaeva

Post by Akorotaeva » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:00 pm

princesh wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:39 pm
Hi,

Thanks
The minimum salary is the GROSS salary before all deductions (tax, pension, etc). As you earn over 40k, you seem to be fine. It’s this sum that you should pay attention.

princesh
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by princesh » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:50 pm

Thanks makky86 and Akorotaeva for your reply.

Does this mean that currently I can take any number of holidays? I am currently on my third year and my job is permanent.

Thanks