ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When to apply ilr?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eksbee
Newly Registered

When to apply ilr?

Post by eksbee » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:04 pm

Sorry I searched but hard to do on a phone.

My partners leave to remain date is 18-05-2018 according to biometric card.

When should I send postal application for ILR. The gov website says up to 6 months processing time....I thought it would be 3 month like last application....besides 5 years won't be complete until February so how could we apply any earlier????

Are we too late?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: When to apply ilr?

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:13 pm

On what date did she enter the UK with her spouse visa?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:28 pm

eksbee wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:04 pm
Sorry I searched but hard to do on a phone.

My partners leave to remain date is 18-05-2018 according to biometric card.

When should I send postal application for ILR. The gov website says up to 6 months processing time....I thought it would be 3 month like last application....besides 5 years won't be complete until February so how could we apply any earlier????

Are we too late?
No you are not late. You can apply anytime after your partner qualifies (28 days before completing 5 years) and the end of the leave (18th May). There is no need to have the application approved before the end date. As long as you have submitted an application before 18th May, the existing leave will be automatically extended until the application is decided.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

eksbee
Newly Registered

Post by eksbee » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:52 pm

Thanks so much for quick response, it's really appreciated. Just curious if it does take 6 months to process, the biometric card would be expired (expires 18-05-2018). What does that mean for my partners status in uk. We need to travel abroad in August....really 6 months....

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:00 pm

eksbee wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:52 pm
Thanks so much for quick response, it's really appreciated. Just curious if it does take 6 months to process, the biometric card would be expired (expires 18-05-2018). What does that mean for my partners status in uk. We need to travel abroad in August....really 6 months....
Six months is what HO sets out but depending on your circumstances, it should not take that long. I got mine in about 8 weeks
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.