ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job Offer or Letter from Employer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dvwhite
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Help - Supporting Document Certificate of Sponsorship

Post by dvwhite » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:07 pm

Hi There,

When putting together my application I entered my COS number into the online form and when compiling the supporting documents I thought this would be sufficient to meet the requirements (I didn't add in a print out with the number on it) - however I am now not sure and my visa has taken a while. Is there any chance someone knows if it is absolutely necessary to submit this additional document or if I can potentially send the UKVI an additional document now?

Many thanks
David

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Help - Supporting Document Certificate of Sponsorship

Post by makky86 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:37 pm

When putting together my application I entered my COS number into the online form and when compiling the supporting documents I thought this would be sufficient to meet the requirements (I didn't add in a print out with the number on it) - however I am now not sure and my visa has taken a while. Is there any chance someone knows if it is absolutely necessary to submit this additional document or if I can potentially send the UKVI an additional document now?
Its not required at all. You have put COS number that's it ! The reason is taking more than time than usual is propbably becausae of christmas and new Year time !
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

dvwhite
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by dvwhite » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:47 am

Error post
Last edited by dvwhite on Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

dvwhite
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by dvwhite » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:50 am

makky86 wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:37 pm

Its not required at all. You have put COS number that's it ! The reason is taking more than time than usual is propbably becausae of christmas and new Year time !
Great, thanks for your quick answer! This waiting is the worst, I also had an issue where my IHS payment was to low but I couldn't fix it so I paid it and it said online that I would be contacted to make a top up payment. Do you know if this is the common way the IHS payment is fixed? I have spoken to two people on the phone at UKVI contact centre who agreed, and then I emailed them to check but a lady came back and said I would need to submit a new application? Fingers crossed the first two were right?

dvwhite
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Job Offer or Letter from Employer

Post by dvwhite » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:48 am

Hi There,

Is it absolutely necessary to submit a job offer or letter from your employer for a Tier 2 UK visa? I have not sent one with my application and its now taken weeks to hear anything back from the UKVI.

Many Thanks
David

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Job Offer or Letter from Employer

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:12 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Job Offer or Letter from Employer

Post by makky86 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:36 am

Is it absolutely necessary to submit a job offer or letter from your employer for a Tier 2 UK visa? I have not sent one with my application and its now taken weeks to hear anything back from the UKVI.
Its not required. PLEASE read the guidance notes. They are there for a reason :idea:
II Youths a stuff neve endures II