ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Refused Tier 1 General

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CoolMJP
Newly Registered
India

ILR Refused Tier 1 General

Post by CoolMJP » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:08 am

Hi everyone. I had applied for ILR - Tier 1 general on 28th July 2017. My application was refused on the 12th November 2017 for the sole reason being absences. I have not been out of the UK for more than 180 in any 12 month period in the 5 years. In 2013 I was away to India for 42 days continuously. I am a Director in a company but did not provide a letter from the company for this absence but mentioned this in List of absences in the application. The refusal is only based on the absence of these 42 days. I applied for Administrative Review on 20th November and got a reply of 18th December stating that the Administrative Review is unsuccessful. Please advice if Home office decision is correct and lawful?
Thanks

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Refused Tier 1 General

Post by makky86 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:26 am

CoolMJP wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:08 am
Hi everyone. I had applied for ILR - Tier 1 general on 28th July 2017. My application was refused on the 12th November 2017 for the sole reason being absences. I have not been out of the UK for more than 180 in any 12 month period in the 5 years. In 2013 I was away to India for 42 days continuously. I am a Director in a company but did not provide a letter from the company for this absence but mentioned this in List of absences in the application. The refusal is only based on the absence of these 42 days. I applied for Administrative Review on 20th November and got a reply of 18th December stating that the Administrative Review is unsuccessful. Please advice if Home office decision is correct and lawful?
Thanks
You are supposed to provide the letter for all the absenses out of the UK. Just listing down absesnes in the application form is not enough.

I am not sure why you applied for AR as its clearly your mistake not CW's.

You should be able to apply again within 14 days but provide the absense letter this time.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

brent123
Newly Registered

Post by brent123 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:56 pm

Can you be more specific on the case? What does the original letter says?

Are you on a limited company during the absence? In the SET (O) application form, there is a list for you to fill in the absence details with reason. What did you fill in the absence reason?

brightmsfstar
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by brightmsfstar » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:54 am

There is no point in applying again. The only way is now Judicial review. As they will refuse again. You need a good solicitor to fight your case.

You need a solid reason for being absent if you want to apply again. Its totally, illogical approach of Home-Office.

Home-Office is refusing all applications without logical reasons.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:04 am

CoolMJP wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:08 am
In 2013 I was away to India for 42 days continuously. I am a Director in a company but did not provide a letter from the company for this absence but mentioned this in List of absences in the application.
They require Specified documents. Section 6.3 of SET(O) form requested these documents.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:25 am

Not sure whether the caseworker was right or wrong in not requesting the missing documents.
Points-based system: evidential flexibility wrote:You must explain fully in the decision letter why no request for further information has been made.
Did the caseworker explain fully?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

brightmsfstar
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by brightmsfstar » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:19 am

There is no need for a solid reason. You are having a limited company and 100 % shareholder as well as sole trader.

HO have instructions to refuse all applications. It seems like that.

Challenge it in the court and claim the fee as well.

CoolMJP
Newly Registered
India

Post by CoolMJP » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:38 am

Thank you everyone for your replies. Just to update you. PAP sent in December which was unsuccessful. Judicial review has been filed. Hope everything goes fine.