ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR -Criminal record for Fare Evasion, any chance of succes?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AquaSoS
Newly Registered

ILR -Criminal record for Fare Evasion, any chance of succes?

Post by AquaSoS » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:35 pm

Hi,

Need help please.

I have a minor criminal offence for fare evasion, I was prosecuted by TFL and received fine from court. This is the only offence on my record, and I have a good characer overall.

Please advise if this will have a negative effect on my ILR application?

Many thanks in advance.

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Re: ILR -Criminal record for Fare Evasion, any chance of suc

Post by thirdwave » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:51 pm

AquaSoS wrote:Hi,

Need help please.

I have a minor criminal offence for fare evasion, I was prosecuted by TFL and received fine from court. This is the only offence on my record, and I have a good characer overall.

Please advise if this will have a negative effect on my ILR application?

Many thanks in advance.
I think the HO takes a very dim view of offences involving deviousness (atleast according to the naturalisation guidance)..You might be successful if there were extenuating circumstances but its hard to imagine any in the case of fare evasion..

You might be successful if you are lucky but be prepared for a less favourable outcome (there was a case here a few weeks ago when someone on a spousal visa was granted ILR depsite being caught driving without a license/insurance)..and apply by post and not in person..