ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR Single Parent - Surinder singh - UK citizen

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ADIDVR123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Eldery Parent Dependent Visa

Post by ADIDVR123 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:36 am

HI All,

Need a help for a eldely dependent visa for single parentt(age 80), please can you advise with the options and process.

My father lives alone as of now. Please let me knoiw if any more information required.

many thanks

vinny

Re: Eldery Parent Dependent Visa

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:48 am

This is a difficult route.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:22 am

Following a change in the Immigration Rules in July 2012, this route to settlement for adult dependent relatives has been virtually closed, with only a handful of known successful applications, and these only after a lengthy and expensive appeal.

Your father would have to show that he needs daily care for simple tasks such as bathing, dressing, preparing food etc., AND that care is either not available in the home country or is unaffordable.

Do bear in mind that if an Adult Dependent visa application fails, it will close the door for visitor visa applications in the future, due to the prior intention to settle.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ADIDVR123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ADIDVR123 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:51 am

Hi all

thanks for reply, i am currently working in europe, please advise if that helps, as i have heard of surinder singh route

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:01 pm

ADIDVR123 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:51 am
Hi all

thanks for reply, i am currently working in europe, please advise if that helps, as i have heard of surinder singh route
Have you severed all ties with UK, ie sold/rented out your house, family moved to EU with you?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ADIDVR123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ADIDVR123 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:36 pm

Yes my house is rented in UK and family stays with me in germany.

ADIDVR123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

PR Single Parent - Surinder singh - UK citizen

Post by ADIDVR123 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:34 pm

Hi all

Please if you can share as much info as possible, i am a UK citzen working in EEA, i would like to know if there is a possiblity of bringing my single parent - in india ( 80 years) , using EEA rules and guidelines - Surinder singh, if yes what options do we have

thanks