ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unclear visa end date

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

crispy
United Kingdom

Unclear visa end date

Post by crispy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:49 pm

Hello!

My partner was granted further leave to remain under FLR(M) on 22 Febrary 2016.

30 months from that date is, of course, 22 August 2018. So we figured we'd end up scheduling our next appointment with Immigration (to extend the FLR(M) arrangement) in late July/early August.

But as we sit down to review our plans today, we notice that the expiry date on my partner's card is 21 September 2018. It's like they gave us an extra month! Is this a mistake or does it include a one-month 'extension period' on top of the 30-month visa itself?

Either way, should we seek to apply for our extension on 23 July (and risk it being too soon) or on 22 August (and risk it being too late)?

Yours sincerely, Nervous Nelly.

crispy
United Kingdom

Re: Unclear visa end date

Post by crispy » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:59 pm

Hi again,

Not that I feel entitled replies here (and am always grateful to get them), but does anyone out there have any thoughts on this? Is it unusual to have been given 31 months on a residency card? Do we think it's best to go with the date on the card rather than the factual calendar date?

Thanks!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:22 pm

As per my guess you should count it from calender dates instead BRP expiry which a lot of times can be wrong while printing. Even if it expiring on 22nd August and you going to apply on 22nd August then still you won't be late.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:34 pm

Caseworkers have discretion to add up to 28 extra days.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

crispy
United Kingdom

Post by crispy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:49 am

Righto! All is clear. Thank you board.