ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absense/holidays from work record

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Vik0916475
Newly Registered
India

Absense/holidays from work record

Post by Vik0916475 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:46 am

Hi
I am shortly going to apply for my ILR but I am little confused about proof of absence/holidays from work. My Tier 2 started in Jan 2013 and I am entitled for 28 days of holidays. I have put all the dates in the SOT form where I was outside of UK. But thing in my company uses a standardised form to record holidays which only gets approved my line manager and HR dont keep the record of it. So just want to know is this enough only to attaching that form (for 1-2 days holiday) because I cannot think of any way so that form can be attested by someone even my line managers were changed few times in last five years.
Also, in 2014 I went to India as my brother was passed away for which I got three Compassionate Leave, so do I have to do anything separately for these three days or just attaching the same form where 3 days are marked as Compassionate Leave will be enough.

Please help I am really confused and running out of time. My appointment is end of the week.

Regards,
Vik

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Absense/holidays from work record

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:56 am

One of the letters you need is an absence letter. See a sample in the link below.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/employer-let ... 52143.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Vik0916475
Newly Registered
India

Post by Vik0916475 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:15 am

Sorry, but I was never abroad on company assignment as mentioned in the template. Our company keeps holidays record on a form which gets approved by the line manager so only me and my manager knows about my holidays hence, HR dont have any knowledge about my holidays.
For holidays outside UK is fine as I have mentioned all those in the form itself but for other holidays I dont know if attaching that form will be enough to satisfied HO. Another thing, I also had three Compassionate Leave so want to know do I have to attach anything else as a supporting document.

Regards,
Vik

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:28 am

The letter is a SAMPLE!!

You need a letter from your employer listing ALL absences outside the UK, it is mandatory. A 'holiday form' is not sufficient.

Simply draft a letter, per the sample, of all your absences/holidays/compassionate leave and get your manager to sign it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sus110092
Newly Registered
India

Post by sus110092 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:02 am

I had a similar problem.

My previous employer's HR said they don't keep records.

So I asked them to send me verified copies of my salary slips and P60 to prove that the leaves I went on were paid. Additionally I asked them to write a letter confirming my holiday entitlement.

Additionally, I got the bank statements to show that they money was credited in the bank at that time.

I got my ILR without any issue.

Vik0916475
Newly Registered
India

Post by Vik0916475 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:21 am

@CR001: Manager would only sign which he approved but would not sign where other managers approved which already left. Even they sign, they will only sign the holidays approved by them but if I went abroad or not they would not confirm as it is not their responsibility to track on which holidays I am going abroad and not.

@sus110092: In terms of salary slips then I do get them through post on company's headed paper which shows that all my holidays were paid and on the employer letter they did mention that I am entitled for 26 days holidays a year.

My problem is, in 2014 as I had 3 Compassionate Leave which means I exceeded my holiday (26+3) so wanted to know do I have to attach something to prove they were Compassionate Leaves. The holidays form we have is on company's letter head and for each holiday line manager has to put his initials and date, is not that enough..

Regards,
Vik

Vik0916475
Newly Registered
India

Post by Vik0916475 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:38 am

@CR001: I prefer to use my existing thread but it looked meet the dead end hence, I thought I may create a new one.

So please advise me on this..

I am entitled for 26 days/per year and in 2014, due to my brother passed away, I had to take 3 bereavement leaves so I actually took 26+3 holidays in Aug 2014 however, my total holiday in any last 5 years never exceeded than 40 days.
So do I have to submit the evidence for bereavement leaves? Problem is I dont have original death certificate with me here in UK only got a copy.

Regards,
Vik

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:51 am

Vik0916475 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:38 am
@CR001: I prefer to use my existing thread but it looked meet the dead end hence, I thought I may create a new one.

So please advise me on this..

I am entitled for 26 days/per year and in 2014, due to my brother passed away, I had to take 3 bereavement leaves so I actually took 26+3 holidays in Aug 2014 however, my total holiday in any last 5 years never exceeded than 40 days.
So do I have to submit the evidence for bereavement leaves? Problem is I dont have original death certificate with me here in UK only got a copy.

Regards,
Vik
Are you switching from T2?
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:58 pm

Vik0916475 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:38 am
You are asking for advice for free from a group of strangers on the internet, who all have jobs, families and preparing for Christmas. You should try be a bit patient please.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Vik0916475
Newly Registered
India

Post by Vik0916475 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:41 pm

Sorry, I never meant any harm and also did not want to make anyone unconformable...

If my thread did this then sorry as this was not intentional...

Regards,
Vik