ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set(M) or Set(O)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

spencer_joe2000
Newly Registered

Indefinite Leave to Remain

Post by spencer_joe2000 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:36 pm

Hello all,

Please I am new here. Pardon me if I have posted in a wrong place

I have few questions that needs urgent solution

1. I am about to submit my application for ILR in Dec 2017 but currently, I am currently working as a permanent employee with a salary of £50k plus having been on a contract role in my last employment. During my application, will it be wise to only include the income from my current employment which started last month which will be 6 months when I apply for ILR. I have already done my self assessment for the year ended April 2017for my last role. ( VAT, Corporation and income tax all have been filed and paid for. Company account up to date). Will a 6 month payslip and bank account be enough?

2. Also, My wife is due to travel by Nov 2017 and wont be back by Jan 2018. As I will be needing her passport for the application. Unfortunately, I wont have this as her trip has already been booked. Will a photocopy of her passport be enough for my application?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:47 pm

On what visa basis are you applying for ILR??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

spencer_joe2000
Newly Registered

Post by spencer_joe2000 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:50 pm

CR001 wrote:On what visa basis are you applying for ILR??
Spouse Visa on a 5 year route.

First application made and granted Dec 2012

Second application Made in June 2015 and granted

ILR due in Dec....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:53 pm

You need your wife's passport.

Are you applying by post or in person?

You can apply 28 days before the corresponding date you initially entered the UK on your spouse visa. What date did you enter the UK in 2012?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

spencer_joe2000
Newly Registered

Post by spencer_joe2000 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:59 pm

CR001 wrote:You need your wife's passport.

Are you applying by post or in person?

You can apply 28 days before the corresponding date you initially entered the UK on your spouse visa. What date did you enter the UK in 2012?
I came to the UK in 2011 for my Masters Degree. I met my wife in 2012. So I changed from Student to Spouse Visa.

Will I need her passport if I apply by post too? Does she need to appear in person for the application?

What happens if I apply in person? I understand the fee is about £2,890. Does she need to appear in person if i apply for same day service?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:52 pm

I came to the UK in 2011 for my Masters Degree. I met my wife in 2012. So I changed from Student to Spouse Visa.
So you can apply within 28 days from the date of your spouse visa in 2012.
Will I need her passport if I apply by post too? Does she need to appear in person for the application?
Yes, but postal you can send a certified copy and she can write a letter to explain her travel. It might delay your application, it might not
What happens if I apply in person? I understand the fee is about £2,890. Does she need to appear in person if i apply for same day service?
In person, yes should should attend with you. If she is not able to attend, she must write a letter explaining why she can't attend and that she supports your application. Copy might be fine in this scenario.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

spencer_joe2000
Newly Registered

Post by spencer_joe2000 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:07 pm

CR001 wrote:
So you can apply within 28 days from the date of your spouse visa in 2012.
Yes, but postal you can send a certified copy and she can write a letter to explain her travel. It might delay your application, it might not
In person, yes should should attend with you. If she is not able to attend, she must write a letter explaining why she can't attend and that she supports your application. Copy might be fine in this scenario.
Thank you ......

spencer_joe2000
Newly Registered

Indefinite Leave to Remain

Post by spencer_joe2000 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:14 pm

Hello all,

Just a quick question

My ILR application is due in December 2017 on a 5 years route and I am currently on a permanent role which I started in August this year, I was contracting till March this year but took one month break in April 2017 after my contract ended but my permanent role application started from May to Aug after which I was employed

My questions are

1. Since I am on a perm role now, do I still need to show any document related to my previous role? I believe Home Office needs minimum of 3 months and max of 6 months documents but the documents from my LTDS would have been out of date by Dec

2. My Limited company account till the end of last financial year Mar 2017 is up to date. Self assessment also has been done and paid duly in time. Also other payments such as corporation tax, VAT have all been made.

3. I was made to understand that I only need 3 months slip which obviously will be covered by Aug to Dec salary. Will that be enough? Also other documents such as Life in the UK result, UK Masters degree CERTIFICATE( Prove of English Language,) marriage Certificate, House bills, other letters from the GP, DVLA are all ready while bank statements of my wife and I will be printed by next month to reflect the salaries paid. Also payslips will be printed next month too. Are these enough? Am I missing any other thing?

4. Since I don't use LTD company again at the moment even though, the company is not trading, I hope to continue using it from the beginning of the next financial year.

Please can the gurus in the house advice if documents for my perm role will be enough.

Thanks and Jah Bless

SP

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:47 pm

You need 12 months evidence of meeting the financial requirement. Your self assessment (SA302) and payslips should be ok.

Online printed payslips needs to be stamped and signed by your employer. Bank statements must be original not online ones.

You can also use your wifes' income if she works and meets the requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

spencer_joe2000
Newly Registered

Post by spencer_joe2000 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:40 am

Thanks for the reply. Currently my permanent role is paying £50,000which is about 2.5 above the required threshold. Do I still need my wife's income? She currently earns£40,000 per annum. I think mine is enough to cover the threshold.

Also, my SA302 which was last filed in April 2017 wont be out of date? I am not currently using the LTD company as am working permanent. Wont 6 months pay slip from a perm role be enough?

spencer_joe2000
Newly Registered

Post by spencer_joe2000 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:50 am

Also the statements of account would be for my personal account where my permanent salary goes into?

Do I need to submit statement of account for my LTD company too as it hasn't traded since April this year?

Please can you advise on the 2 replies above.

Thanks for your efforts

spencer_joe2000
Newly Registered

Set(M) or Set(O)

Post by spencer_joe2000 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:44 pm

A spouse visa via the 5-year FLR(M) route will require which form for ILR? I have seen some people say it is SET O.

Any advice?

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Set(M) or Set(O)

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:05 pm

spencer_joe2000 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:44 pm
A spouse visa via the 5-year FLR(M) route will require which form for ILR? I have seen some people say it is SET O.

Any advice?
SET(M)

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-setm
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

spencer_joe2000
Newly Registered

Post by spencer_joe2000 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:16 pm

Saludos @Casa.

Casa wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:05 pm
spencer_joe2000 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:44 pm

Any advice?
SET(M)

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-setm

gbptier1general
BANNED

Post by gbptier1general » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:36 pm

spencer_joe2000 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:50 am
Also the statements of account would be for my personal account where my permanent salary goes into?

Do I need to submit statement of account for my LTD company too as it hasn't traded since April this year?

Please can you advise on the 2 replies above.

Thanks for your efforts
Hello,
Assuming u r Extending fromTir 1 (Genral) 2+3Ys+ Category & NOT in 10Yrs Long stay:-
As long as u cross the Total Gross Salary with in the period of 12 Months from the date of application meets the Min arnings[Example 24k] Requirements Table Chart it is fine. It does not matter whether if u have earned that Min 24K in 1Month or along the 12 months period.
To make ur case simpler if u meet only with Permanent Employment Earnings gross meeting Min 24K..........then just the Authenticated& Signed Payslips+The Corresponding Bank Statements Originals would give a Green Signal for you. [Note:Just as CR001 answered u need to give Original Bank Statements & NOT online one]

It is NOT necessary to submit reg Ltd. It is NOT recommended, it might confuse them too.
But if u wish to: then u needed to highlight in covering letter that u want to consider the Permanent Employment earnings alone in meeting for Earnings requirement.

It is also recommended to submit all the tax returns letters from HMRC for the 5Yrs period showing u r regular Tax payer & all payments complete & intact.This will boost support in giving ur case a faster decision.
Reg dependents Docs pls ask others....I am NOT strong in that area of Documentum.
Believe In Reality

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:54 pm

gbptier1general wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:36 pm
Assuming u r Extending fromTir 1 (Genral) 2+3Ys+ Category & NOT in 10Yrs Long stay:-
Have you actually read each post from the OP?? They clearly state they are on FLR(M) spouse settlement visa and NOT a PBS visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

spencer_joe2000
Newly Registered

Post by spencer_joe2000 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:46 pm

Sorry mate i have no clue what you scribbled. I am on spouse visa not a Tier 1 visa. Please stop confusing me with your reply

Thanks for your efforts

Hello,
As long as u cross the Total Gross Salary with in the period of 12 Months from the date of application meets the Min arnings[Example 24k] Requirements Table Chart it is fine. It does not matter whether if u have earned that Min 24K in 1Month or along the 12 months period.
To make ur case simpler if u meet only with Permanent Employment Earnings gross meeting Min 24K..........then just the Authenticated& Signed Payslips+The Corresponding Bank Statements Originals would give a Green Signal for you. [Note:Just as CR001 answered u need to give Original Bank Statements & NOT online one]

It is NOT necessary to submit reg Ltd. It is NOT recommended, it might confuse them too.
But if u wish to: then u needed to highlight in covering letter that u want to consider the Permanent Employment earnings alone in meeting for Earnings requirement.

It is also recommended to submit all the tax returns letters from HMRC for the 5Yrs period showing u r regular Tax payer & all payments complete & intact.This will boost support in giving ur case a faster decision.
Reg dependents Docs pls ask others....I am NOT strong in that area of Documentum.

spencer_joe2000
Newly Registered

Premium Service Application

Post by spencer_joe2000 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:58 pm

Hi All

I have come again with my questions. Just that I need all clarifications I will need as I don't want any error with my application next 2 months

As I will be going for Premium service application in Sheffield next 2 months, I wish to confirm the appointment booking process.

1. Do i need to pay NHS Surcharge?

2. I just found out that the application is about £2888. Is after I have made this payment online that I will then go on to find a suitable appointment?

Please can you advise..

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:14 pm

Ask all your questions here and do not start new posts :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Premium Service Application

Post by zimba » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:18 pm

For ILR you do not need to pay IHS
2. I just found out that the application is about £2888. Is after I have made this payment online that I will then go on to find a suitable appointment?
Yes you must pay online while booking an appointment for premium service
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

spencer_joe2000
Newly Registered

Post by spencer_joe2000 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:08 am

No worries. My mistake :mrgreen:

spencer_joe2000
Newly Registered

Post by spencer_joe2000 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:10 am

zimba88 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:18 pm
For ILR you do not need to pay IHS :D
Thanks...... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

spencer_joe2000
Newly Registered

Post by spencer_joe2000 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:45 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:47 pm
On what visa basis are you applying for ILR??
Just to ask one more question.... No room for errors

My 2nd application for 2.5 years spouse Visa was granted on 27/07/2015. I was wondering if I am free to book for my PEO service and pay now cos i just noticed it is hard to find appointments. Since I plan to go to the PEO appointment on the 4th of Jan 2018 which would have fallen into the last 28 days of my visa expiry, can I just pay now and start searching for appointments? Or should I just wait until it is within 45 business days which would be form 21st of this month. I plan to go for PEO appointment in Glasgow as I had bad experience with Croydon few year ago

Your advice will be appreciated

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:29 am

It is 42 days (all days) in advance that appointments are visible and bookable NOT 'business days'.

You can book and pay now if you wish and are able to.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

spencer_joe2000
Newly Registered

Post by spencer_joe2000 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:42 pm

Thank you guys. My ILR has been granted. Went for Premium Service in Sheffiled and my application was decided within 2 hrs. Thanks for all the help and advice.

Time for the next step....Naturalisation
zimba88 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:18 pm
For ILR you do not need to pay IHS