ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

mn1 under process without ilr and visa expires

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ALI97
Pakistan

mn1 under process without ilr and visa expires

Post by ALI97 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:06 pm

Hi

On 03 January 2017 i applied for UK citizenship registration via mn1 form for my three children born outside uk without ilr .all of them had dependent of tier1 visa which expired on April 2017
Now more than year I not received decision of mn1 applications,children visa expired on April 2017 now all 3 children are overstyer. 
I am British citizen via tier 1 route along with wife and one younger son who was born in UK ,bought house here in UK ,permanent job as well .
My query is please help me how I can move farword .can I apply ilr for children's now while waiting outcome of mn1 application or how I can speed up mn1 application which is under process. Is any possibility of challenging delay on mn1 application.

Kind regards 
Ali9

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: mn1 under process without ilr and visa expires

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:22 pm

Given that your children are all older, i.e. 10, 12 and 14 when you applied, you really should have done ILR.

Not much you can do to speed it up. It is after all an application 'at discretion'. The older two likely subject to the Good Character requirement too as teenagers.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Post by aliq09 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:35 pm

Hi , happy new year .. in my huble opinion your application approval chance are quiet slim . If it's possible , take back your application ( if possible cancell the payment details while calling bank ) . Apply ILR first as being advised and than finally go for registration .
Thanks

Ali

ALI97
Pakistan

Post by ALI97 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:05 pm

Hi aliq09
Application under process since Jan 2017...payment already taken ages ago...
No point to cancel payment and cancel application

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:20 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:22 pm
Given that your children are all older, i.e. 10, 12 and 14 when you applied, you really should have done ILR.

Not much you can do to speed it up. It is after all an application 'at discretion'. The older two likely subject to the Good Character requirement too as teenagers.
There is a policy in law and it is also founded in Section 55, that decision involving children must be dealt with in an expeditious manner especially in circumstances where failure to do so will undermine their best interest.

It is not impossible to identify circumstances in which the 14 years old may be prejudice from acquiring certain benefits because of the failure to conclude her application.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

ALI97
Pakistan

Post by ALI97 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:36 pm

Hi obie and CR001

Last reply was fom HO in September 2017 in which they mentioned application is under active consideration and they will notify me once decision made.Now I have contacted HO via MP in december 2017 still no update from MP .
I mentioned about section 55 in covering letter.
Is delay mean always rejection or there is any hope of success as well?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:32 pm

Based on the circumstances of your case, i cannot see how one can say it is inevietable that the application will be refused, to the contrary, especially giving the fact both parents now hold British Citizenship.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

ALI97
Pakistan

Post by ALI97 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:05 am

Both parents and one sibling is also British citizen.

ALI97
Pakistan

Post by ALI97 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:56 pm

Hi
Today home office sent me letter requesting marriage certificate of parents .
Letter stated they need parents marriage certificate to process my application and Secretary of state need to see marriage certificate as part of requirements of British citizenship are met
On back side of letter they mention all the detail of my children and requested if application approved following name and date of birth will be printed ets
Is this good news and steps toward approval or this is just normal for home office to request addition dacuments.
Kind regards
Ali

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:09 pm

this is just normal for home office to request addition dacuments
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ALI97
Pakistan

Post by ALI97 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:43 pm

Hi CR001
Can I assume that home office accept all my earlier submitted dacuments with applications.?
Now I send marriage certificate which home office requested.
Is any possibility that I will get decision in coming days .....or still home office can take months and months to decide

ALI97
Pakistan

Re: success mn1 applications without ilr and visa expires

Post by ALI97 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:02 pm

Hi
Today got approval of my three children mn1 born outside UK without ilr and visa expired in April 2017.
Thanks everybody who help me