ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 4 EUFAM Review with no temporary extension.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ivadsr
Newly Registered
Ireland

Stamp 4 EUFAM Review with no temporary extension.

Post by Ivadsr » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:29 pm

Follows the e-mails I have exchanged with the eutreatyrights, i think they explain quite clearly my situation.

Dear XXXX

I am writing this e-mail concerning my request of review application number XXXX-REVW-17.

At the moment my residence permission in Ireland is expired, I have just left the Immigration Garda Office that instructed me to contact you urgently. It was informed to me, that I need to provide a letter requesting a prorogation of my permission to reside in Ireland while my process is waiting for a decision. I did not receive this letter from the Naturalisation & Immigration Service after my request for review was initiated. Please contact me if this information is not correct, since I do not wish to reside in any way outside the proper legality of the law.

I am adding a few more information in a timeline, in case is needed to better understand what I am requesting.

First Application for Stamp 4 EU1A 22/06/2016
Temporary Stamp 4 visa granted 26/08/2017
Decision to Refuse Application 27/02/2017
Request of Review of Refusal 22/03/2017
Temporary Stamp 4 Expired 25/05/2017
Extension of 4 months 25/05/2017
Extension of 4 months Expired 24/09/2017

Once more I would like to request to receive a letter or e-mail requesting a prorogation of my permission to reside in Ireland while my process is waiting for a decision so I can legalize my situation towards the Immigration Garda Office. Please contact me if any of this information is not correct. Thank you for your time.

Kind Regards,

XXXX.

-------------------------------------------------------

The Answer I received:

Dear XXXX,

Your EU Treaty Rights review application was received in this unit on
22/03/2017. No temporary stamp 4 will issue while your review application
is pending.

-----------------------------------------------------
I tried once more...

Dear XXX

Thank you for replying to my e-mail. I would like to explain that what I requested is what the officer at the immigration office instructed me to do.

If I am not going to receive an extension of my temporary stamp 4 while my review is pending, can I assume that I am not in a wrong position towards the immigration office? Even with my temporary permission to reside here expired?

I am sorry to be taking your time with this issue, but I am making every effort possible to be doing everything in the correct way and wouldn't want to be by mistake doing something wrong.

Once again thank you and sorry to be taking your time.

Kind regards,
XXX.

-------------------------------------------------

Final Answer:

Dear XXX,

This office will not be issuing instruction to the Immigration officer to
give you temporary Stamp 4. No temporary permission pending a substantive
decision on the review application at hand will be granted

-----------------------------------------------

I went back to the garda immigration office and showed them this conversations. They told me that the only thing I could do is to wait. This was 3 months ago.
My biggest issue now is that I need to leave the country for 2 weeks, and I am afraid of what will happen when I come back. I have been trying to do everything as correctly as possible, but just dont know what will be the reaction of the immigration officer at the airport when I arrive back. Does anyone have a light in this matter?

Thanks a lot, and sorry for the long post.

Davi.

IrishBeach
Newly Registered

Re: Stamp 4 EUFAM Review with no temporary extension.

Post by IrishBeach » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:45 am

Hi,

I personally would not recommend that you leave the country before your case is resolved. You will need a re-entry visa to return to Ireland, and since you don't have an up to date stamp it looks like you'll need to stay put, unfortunately.

I also have a review case pending due to department error. May I ask the reason given for your refusal? It may shed some light on the situation.

Regards...