ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Leave to remain after receiving the Curtailment letter

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

charles51
Newly Registered
Philippines

Applying for Leave to remain after receiving the Curtailment letter

Post by charles51 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:53 am

Hello.

I just want to raise my case on this website and hoping that someone can help me and give me pieces of advise on what steps do i need to do.

I have received the curtailment letter from the Home Office and it states there that my visa will expire on february 2, 2018.
My question is can I still apply for a leave to remain?
Can my previous employer re-employ me?
Because they have applied me with another COS after I passed the OSCE (a qualifyng exams for non EEA nurses).
Is there still a possibility that my visa application will denied?

Looking forward for your replies..thank you

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Applying for Leave to remain after receiving the Curtailment letter

Post by makky86 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:56 pm

charles51 wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:53 am
Hello.

I just want to raise my case on this website and hoping that someone can help me and give me pieces of advise on what steps do i need to do.

I have received the curtailment letter from the Home Office and it states there that my visa will expire on february 2, 2018.
Because they have applied me with another COS after I passed the OSCE (a qualifyng exams for non EEA nurses).

You can stay and apply for another tier 2 before Feb 2018
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

nazibullah
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Re: Applying for Leave to remain after receiving the Curtailment letter

Post by nazibullah » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:15 am

charles51 wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:53 am
Hello.

Hi charles51,

Firstly, you can apply for leave to remain (LTR) anytime before or on February 2, 2018.

However, you can apply for LTR within 14 days of your leave expiring and the Secretary of State would consider that there was a good reason beyond the control of you or their representative, provided in or with the application, why the application could not be made in-time according to paragraph 39E of the immigration Rules.

Secondly, you need to see why Home Office curtailed you leave. You did not to mention what type leave did u have that was curtailed. If you can overcome the reason for the curtailment of leave you can always apply for Tier-2 with fresh COS.

Remember, Tier-2 is point Based Application. As long as you secure all necessary points you are eligible for leave to remain.

I hope that you overcome your problem.

Regards,