ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Dependant Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

metheanonymous
Newly Registered

HSMP Dependant Visa

Post by metheanonymous » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:28 am

Hello,

I have recently been successful with my HSMP application in Pakistan and I along with my 2 kids have been granted an HSMP visa. My husband is currently in UK on student Visa and I included him on my application as well. I am planning to travel to UK this month. I wish to know how can I make my husband's application as dependant and which form and guidance notes I need to consider as I am unable to find them on BIA website..

Many Thanks!

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Re HSMP dependant

Post by ferrarilondon » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:32 am

SALAMS,
According to my knowledge both of you are immigration controlled people, so when you both in UK apply for COA from BIA website it wwill cost you £295 each. oncew COA granted from home office then you can apply at registrar office for you wedding in England. after you have been married in England then you can apply for his Dependant visa, but to apply for COA you both should have last leave to remain granted for 12 months to which 3 months left on ur leave. COA stands for certificate of approval.

good luck

olisun
Diamond Member

Re: Re HSMP dependant

Post by olisun » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:39 pm

ferrarilondon wrote:SALAMS,
According to my knowledge both of you are immigration controlled people, so when you both in UK apply for COA from BIA website it wwill cost you £295 each. oncew COA granted from home office then you can apply at registrar office for you wedding in England. after you have been married in England then you can apply for his Dependant visa, but to apply for COA you both should have last leave to remain granted for 12 months to which 3 months left on ur leave. COA stands for certificate of approval.

good luck
Why does the OP need COA if she is already married?

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:13 pm

COz they have limited leave to remain and their marriage needs to be registered in UK, best person to cinfirm is JOHN i think

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:22 pm

If the marriage (15.12 Pakistan) is valid, then it is acceptable. It may not be registered in the UK.

Moreover, see also Switching into the dependant route and
17.18 - Highly Skilled Migrant Programme wrote:Entry clearance requirements for spouses/civil partners, dependent children and unmarried partners of highly skilled migrants ( Rules Paragraphs 194 and 197 )

Prior entry clearance is mandatory
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.