ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Give notice while applications is pending

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Stephens28
Newly Registered

Give notice while applications is pending

Post by Stephens28 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:51 am

Hello everyone,

I applied for FLR(FP) in the end of June 2017(biometrics submitted 14th of July 2017.)

I am due to be married end of April and I’m starting to really worry about what to do. I have to give notice to the registrar and because my application is still to be decided, I don’t have identification.

I don’t know what I should do next. If anyone had any advice I would be extremely grateful!

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Give notice while applications is pending

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:02 am

Are you aware that you can only register your intent to marry with a Home Office designated Registry Office and that the notification period can be extended from 28 to 70 days by the HO in order to interview you both before the wedding can take place (should they choose to do so)?

Ask the Registrar whether they will accept a Home Office certified copy of the passport.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:08 pm

Sorry, I removed your last post in error after reading it. You mentioned having until the middle of February if the notification period is extended to 70 days. Have you already registered with the Weybridge Registry Office :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Stephens28
Newly Registered

Post by Stephens28 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:33 pm

No problem, I have spent all morning sorting this. I have an appointment to give notice now. I have requested my passport back as per home office advice when I called about a certified copy of it. They said as long as I checked I didn’t want to withdrawl my application, it was fine to request for indentification purposes. They also won’t ask for it back unless necessary for my application down the road.

Just incase anyone has a similar situation to mine, the registry office wasn’t interested in my visa application as they have to refer me onto the home office anyway. All I need is my passport and proof of address (utility bill).

Thank you for your help! I thought I would have to have the visa application complete to be able to marry but seems to not be the case.