ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 police record check questions

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

joceobrien
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Tier 2 police record check questions

Post by joceobrien » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:39 am

Hello!

Straight to the point, here are the facts:

I have recently been hired by a school who has the capacity to sponsor and has applied to do so for myself. Approval has not come through as of yet.

My tier 5 visa expires Jan 12. I am returning to Canada Jan 11.

I am a Canadian citizen but also a permanent resident of Australia and lived there for 4 years before moving directly to the UK in 2016.

Here are my questions:

Am I right in thinking that once the school gets the approval to sponsor me, I will then be able to apply for the visa myself? In order to apply for this, I see that I need police checks from any country I have lived in over the past 10 years. I obtained police record checks from Australia and Canada when I moved to the UK 2 years ago, do I need to obtain these again even though I have not lived anywhere else since? Do I need fingerprints as well? Will I need a check from the UK?

I just want to ensure I can avoid any delays in this process as the school wants me to begin as soon as possible.

Is there any other aspect of this process I should be weary of?

Thank you so much for any help or guidance you can provide

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Tier 2 police record check questions

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:58 am

What about RLMT?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....