ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying as a family for citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bilalkhan
Newly Registered

Applying as a family for citizenship

Post by bilalkhan » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:15 pm

Hi

We are applying for BC as a family. Me, my wife and 2 children all have ILR through 5 year Tier2 general route. Its been 1 year since me and my wife had ILR but my children got ILR only 2 months ago. I had to delay applying their ILR because of financial reasons. Both were born outside uk. I have 2 questions.
1. Do I have to wait for 12 months for my children or can I apply now with me and my wife.
2. Both my children less than 10 years so I am using MN1 form. I don't understand under which section should I make their application? 3(1).

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying as a family for citizenship

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:33 pm

1. Do I have to wait for 12 months for my children or can I apply now with me and my wife.

No, you don't have to wait. They can apply at the same time as parents
2. Both my children less than 10 years so I am using MN1 form. I don't understand under which section should I make their application? 3(1).
Yes, Section 3(1) as they were born abroad.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.