ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with the AN form!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Valentina83
Newly Registered
Italy

Help with the AN form!

Post by Valentina83 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:35 am

Hi all,

apologies for the stupid questions ahead but I have couple of problems with my AN application.

First of all one of my referees (professional) inserted his work office instead of his address, is that still fine?
Can a "newly" (less than one year) british citizen be the british referee?

Question 1.5, when it asks "surname" on the passport then "other names" is other names intended as the First name? I know I'm dumb but I don't want to make mistakes!

Question 1.49, is what they ask the company tax office?

I'm a bit confused about the documents to bring to the NCS, as a non married without children person what they basically ask is the passport, life in uk and language exam certificate? no P60, bills or bank statements as the permanent residence card application?

last question! How long does it usually take from the application via the NCS and the biometric letter to arrive? is it possible to travel during the application time?

Thank you so much in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Help with the AN form!

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:02 am

First of all one of my referees (professional) inserted his work office instead of his address, is that still fine?
Fine for both questions.
Question 1.5, when it asks "surname" on the passport then "other names" is other names intended as the First name? I know I'm dumb but I don't want to make mistakes!
Yes, 'Other names' is first and second name etc.
Yes.
last question! How long does it usually take from the application via the NCS and the biometric letter to arrive? is it possible to travel during the application time?
It varies from a couple of week to about 4 weeks or so for the letter to arrive. You are free to travel.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Valentina83
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by Valentina83 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:07 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:02 am
Fine for both questions.
Yes, 'Other names' is first and second name etc.
Yes.
It varies from a couple of week to about 4 weeks or so for the letter to arrive. You are free to travel.
Thank you CR001, you are a star! :D

Do you know anything about the documents to bring in with the application?
Last edited by Valentina83 on Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

twgal
United Kingdom

Post by twgal » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:08 am

Valentina83 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:35 am

I'm a bit confused about the documents to bring to the NCS, as a non married without children person what they basically ask is the passport, life in uk and language exam certificate? no P60, bills or bank statements as the permanent residence card application?
http://www.wandsworth.gov.uk/info/20051 ... vice_ncs/6

You also need to show "Evidence of residency in the UK for the last 5 years" which means - if you were employed - letter(s) from employers OR P60s to cover that period of 5 years. If you had a different situation then you need to check what else you could bring.

For my naturalisation application this is all I needed
  • AN form + photos
    EEA passport
    2nd passport - I have dual nationality; the 2nd passport was for language test exemption (English-speaking country)
    PR card
    life in the UK test letter
    employer letters
Last edited by twgal on Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Valentina83
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by Valentina83 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:11 am

twgal wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:08 am
Valentina83 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:35 am

http://www.wandsworth.gov.uk/info/20051 ... vice_ncs/6

You also need to show "Evidence of residency in the UK for the last 5 years" which means - if you were employed - letter(s) from employers OR P60s to cover that period of 5 years. If you had a different situation then you need to check what else you could bring.

For my naturalisation application this is all I needed

AN form + photos
passports (I already have 2, the 2nd one was for language test exemption)
PR card
life in the UK test
employer letters
so for example a letter from my employer for the last 4 years I've worked my actual job and 2 P60 from the previous one are ok?

twgal
United Kingdom

Post by twgal » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:12 am

I think so. If you're going to NCS take everything you have with you. I had employment letters and P60s, but they took whatever covered the 5 yr period.

Valentina83
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by Valentina83 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:18 am

twgal wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:12 am
I think so. If you're going to NCS take everything you have with you. I had employment letters and P60s, but they took whatever covered the 5 yr period.
I'll go through them, thank you!
I'm much less stressed now!

Valentina83
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by Valentina83 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:33 am

other question, things that come out just now!
one of my referee has been in prison like 4 times for "pub brawls", never been convicted.
Is he still fine or I need to look for another person?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:20 am

Valentina83 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:33 am
one of my referee has been in prison like 4 times for "pub brawls", never been convicted.
Probably not. Your referees must be of good character.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Valentina83
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by Valentina83 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:37 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:20 am
Valentina83 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:33 am
Probably not. Your referees must be of good character.
Aw, does a sales manager in a ltd company works fine as professional referee?

Valentina83
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by Valentina83 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:24 pm

Gosh, last question!

I completely forgot about question 1.1...about the immigration reference number.
I don't remember if I have one, is something that I need to ask to the Home office? is that related to the permanent residence request?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:35 pm

Valentina83 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:24 pm
Gosh, last question!

I completely forgot about question 1.1...about the immigration reference number.
I don't remember if I have one, is something that I need to ask to the Home office? is that related to the permanent residence request?
Leave blank, it is fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Valentina83
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by Valentina83 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:39 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:35 pm
Valentina83 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:24 pm
Gosh, last question!

Leave blank, it is fine.
thank you!