ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependent extension - acknowledgement letter

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tier2_applicant

Tier 2 dependent extension - acknowledgement letter

Post by tier2_applicant » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:28 pm

Hello,

I recently (3 weeks back) applied for my wife's tier 2 dependent visa extension. I (the so called main applicant) am on an ILR since last 4-5 months.

I was wondering if an acknowledgement letter is sent to the applicants by UKVI for such dependent extension applications? My wife did her biometrics the day after we applied online (as biometrics letter for this was generated automatically after the submission of application)

We have not received anything until now to say that the application is under consideration etc and were getting a bit anxious because of this.

I hope you folks can advise.
Thanks

PS: Please feel free to move this to ILR sub-forum if you feel that is the right place for my question.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 dependent extension - acknowledgement letter

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:30 pm

tier2_applicant wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:28 pm
PS: Please feel free to move this to ILR sub-forum if you feel that is the right place for my question.
Why, you are not asking about an ILR application are you :idea:

Acknowledgement letters are not always sent. You also only applied 3 weeks ago over the festive period with bank holidays and likely reduced staff at HO over this period.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tier2_applicant

Re: Tier 2 dependent extension - acknowledgement letter

Post by tier2_applicant » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:41 pm

Why, you are not asking about an ILR application are you :idea:

Acknowledgement letters are not always sent. You also only applied 3 weeks ago over the festive period with bank holidays and likely reduced staff at HO over this period.

Just wanted to be sure as my status is ILR :D

Thanks as always for your advice - Holiday period could very likely be the reason; this is the first time in my experience that I have not received an acknowledgement letter - but then again this is the first time we've applied for a dependent extension.