ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

INTERVIEW letter received today

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lema9994

INTERVIEW letter received today

Post by lema9994 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:10 am

Please help and advice me , just received interview letter today to attend interview 22 January..
to attend interview EC POST CODE IN CENTRAL LONDON .. anyone had interview there please guide me what question will be asked and need to take any documents there to provide support to existing application ..

totally confused just because there are coming to my office , called me come there ..

specailly zimba and other seniors help me

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: INTERVIEW letter received today

Post by marcnath » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:59 am

Just search in this forum for interview questions. There are a number of others who have already shared their experiences in great detail.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Rockey
Member of Standing

Post by Rockey » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:14 pm

Hi Lema
Can you please share your timeline and nature of your business , and what documents you sent that caused to interview call , because some time if we dont send required documents interview takes place?

One of my friend sent all documents so i was not called for interview , just got visa after 6 months..
Best Regards

Rockey

lema9994

Post by lema9994 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:10 pm

been called interview after 8 half month after in central London location .. they did not ask me to bring any with me .. i have my physical office too , they send a letter to come vfs site for interview ..

I prepared myself for interview question which was posted in the forum .. my question is this anyone who is same bored .. they been vfs site for interview

Dangerous Dragon

Post by Dangerous Dragon » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:19 pm

Hi Lema,

don't worry about interview, just take your financial documents (accounts and number for your reference), you will not be asked to submit any documents there in VFS as it will be video interview. You can refer documents when answering questions asked by the person on other side, he wont be your case worker . Just memorise your company details, employee details, payments , investments and explanation for any unusual transactions on your business bank accounts. Be confident , if you know your business interview is a cake walk.

Momi
United Kingdom

Post by Momi » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:21 pm

If you brought the investment from overseas then make sure you know the exact dates when money was transferred from overseas to your account. Go through you annual accounts. Memorise the profit and loss of each year.
How you hire your employees, services you are providing.
Many people are being interviewed who brought investment from overseas.
My investment was from uk but I'm still expecting interview. May be in coming weeks or latest February.

mshakeel2002
United States of America

Post by mshakeel2002 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:45 am

Someone prepared this list , but it has not necessary to do with London office but atleast you should know answers to following questions:

1. Date of arrival in UK
2. Type of initial entry visa
3. University/college attended (try and have the certificate/transcriptions read)
4. If applied for PSW than what work you did during PSW
5. Why did you start the business?
6. What previous experience do you have in the business you started?
7. Did you conduct any due diligence?
8. Why did you start a limited company (if company)
9. Why is your home office your business address (if you work from home)
10. If you have an office than the office must be able to accommodate the number of employees you have.
11. You must abide by health and safety by laws.
12. If your employees work from home/clients premises than how do you keep an eye on their work or communicate with them?
13. How many clients do you have?
14. Contracts with the clients
15. Invoices that were issued to the clients and possibly the proof of payment via business bank statement
16. More information about clients i.e. where is their business based, how do you contact them, if you have ever been to their office/premises, how does it look like etc.
17. How do you advertise your business with proof?
18. How do you advertise for recruitment with proof?
19. Did you know the employees who work for you before they started the employment for your company?
20. Employee documentation including p45's, passports, proof of addresses, contract of employment, payslips, RTI submissions etc.
21. What was your last 3 years turnover with proof
22. What was your last 3 years profits with proof
23. How much tax did you pay in the last 3 years with proof
24. Accountants detail
25. How did you gather the investment that you used to apply for the visa?
26. Proof that you invested the funds and either used them for business purposes or still possess them in the business bank account
27. If the investment has already been used than what has this been invested in?
28. Insurance documents
29. Proof of salary paid

1. How do you keep track of employees when they work from home?
2. How do you contact employees when they are away from the office?
3. How do you travel from your office to the clients premises?
4. If you work from home, how does your clients meet you?
5. If you work from home, does your landlord know that you conduct business from home?
6. If you work from home, have you informed council as you may have to pay business rates?
7. Your employee appears to live quite far from your office - why did they choose to travel so far?
8. Why don't you have a landline?

dino17
India

Post by dino17 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:40 pm

Dangerous Dragon wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:19 pm
Hi Lema,

don't worry about interview, just take your financial documents (accounts and number for your reference), you will not be asked to submit any documents there in VFS as it will be video interview. You can refer documents when answering questions asked by the person on other side, he wont be your case worker . Just memorise your company details, employee details, payments , investments and explanation for any unusual transactions on your business bank accounts. Be confident , if you know your business interview is a cake walk.
Hi Lema

Hope your interiew in vfs went well.Can you please post your vfs video interview experience here.
what sort of documents did they ask (if in case they asked to send) to email back and within what time frame to email back given pls? Thanks in advance

lema9994

Post by lema9994 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:40 pm

it was OK but i will suggested to everyone , they will ask you question according to each case but some general questions are same for everyone...
main questions are same
what is source of funds either you showed funds in uk or board..?
could you please break down of funds ?
what is your turnover last year xyz and could you please break down of turnover .?.
where you did spend and break down of investment ..?
what was last job and questions about that .. ?
as long as you know your business there is no problem ...

dino17
India

Post by dino17 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:28 am

Thanks Lema.

Did they ask you to send any documents?pls confirm.Thanks