ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstayer with EU partner

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Loutfi
Newly Registered
Romania

Overstayer with EU partner

Post by Loutfi » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:46 am

Hi guys
I need help pls pls
Im overstayer my visa expired on 2015 i been with my partnet (Romanian citizen) from September 2016 we have proof of address from March Islamic marriage as well in March and i was going to get married last month 20/11/2017 coz my solicitor said that and another one said if go there they might home office come and pick u up and im thinking to apply for unmarried partner by my self without solicitor and after Biometric information I can apply for marriage will be more safe im really confused if any one had same situation can u pls guys tell what to do. Coz im scard they might come take me from home i won't take i love so much my wife. Thanks guys

Sky007
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Overstayer with EU partner

Post by Sky007 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:04 am

Loutfi wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:46 am
Hi guys
I need help pls pls
Im overstayer my visa expired on 2015 i been with my partnet (Romanian citizen) from September 2016 we have proof of address from March Islamic marriage as well in March and i was going to get married last month 20/11/2017 coz my solicitor said that and another one said if go there they might home office come and pick u up and im thinking to apply for unmarried partner by my self without solicitor and after Biometric information I can apply for marriage will be more safe im really confused if any one had same situation can u pls guys tell what to do. Coz im scard they might come take me from home i won't take i love so much my wife. Thanks guys
Had same situation like you , because it may be home office arrest me so came back to Pakistan and did applied for EEA family permit but after long 7 months wait got refusal and getting ready for appeal . Really long frustrated wait

Loutfi
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by Loutfi » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:26 am

Thanks for ur reply its a long way mate to wait i can't go back home coz my wife her dougher she goes to school so she needs my help and i can't stay that long from my wife

Loutfi
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by Loutfi » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:28 am

I was reading there's people who done it over here

Loutfi
Newly Registered
Romania

EEA FM Application can u apply without solicitor

Post by Loutfi » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:05 am

Hi guys 
I need help pls pls

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:30 pm

In order to apply as an unmarried partner, you will have to submit documented evidence of a durable relationship 'akin to marriage' with at least 2 years of living together.

If you choose to marry, the Registrar is legally bound to notify the Home Office, who can then extend the registration period from 28 to 70 days in order to interview you both separately before the wedding can go ahead. As your Solicitor has rightly advised, as an overstayer you are at risk of being detained during the interview.

As you are no doubt already aware, an Islamic marriage performed in the UK isn't recognised under British law.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Loutfi
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by Loutfi » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:57 pm

Thanks for ur reply what do u think if i apply for unmarried partner and when i do biometric information then I can apply for marriage that will be less risk

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:35 pm

Loutfi wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:57 pm
Thanks for ur reply what do u think if i apply for unmarried partner and when i do biometric information then I can apply for marriage that will be less risk
No, as you have said that you only have proof of living together since September 2016. You are short of 9 months co-habitation to qualify as an unmarried partner :idea:

Biometrics are only the first stage of an application and have no significance on whether this will be approved or not.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Loutfi
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by Loutfi » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:41 pm

My solicitor said when we send the application then we can give notice for marriage

Loutfi
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by Loutfi » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:46 am

Can u use eea fm form for unmarried partner

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:05 am

No, as you are an Extended Family Fember (EEA EFM)

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -03-17.pdf

Hasn't your Solicitor advised on this :?:
(Casa, not CR001)

tmonaghan
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tmonaghan » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:30 am

Even if you married your partner and then applied to stay in the UK as an over-stayer your marriage will be suspicious on the grounds that it was a marriage of convenience.

Loutfi
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by Loutfi » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:45 pm

Thanks for ur reply
So that means I need to go back home and apply I can't submit my application from here even if i get married

Alibinnafe
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Alibinnafe » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:18 pm

Been in same situation. You can call me on mobile number removed by moderator for direct advice. I might give you positive advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:23 pm

Alibinnafe wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:18 pm
Been in same situation. You can call me on mobile number removed by moderator for direct advice. I might give you positive advice.
Personal contact information is not permitted to be posted on the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Loutfi
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by Loutfi » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:04 am

Can u pls send me ur email pls

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:09 am

Loutfi wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:04 am
Can u pls send me ur email pls
Members don't have the privilege of the PM facility until they have contributed 30 posts on the forum.
(Casa, not CR001)

Alibinnafe
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Alibinnafe » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:07 pm

As per policy I'm not allowed to send you my contact info. I'm very sorry m8.

Well I can give you some hints.

Marriage with EU always (90%)seem to be fake relationship . I am not saying you have wrong intentions. But to HO is it just a try to use EA to get status .
ISLAMIC marriage means nothing under uk law.
But sometimes HO may asked u if you have any proof that you have done ISLAMIC marriage. So in case you have to done ISLAMIC MARRIAGE in Masjid and get Certificate as a proof. It might be a + point if HO want to consider your relationship

2 year proof needed . Electric /Gas bill on your and your partner name/ bank statement on your both name/ GP on same address/ 2 year proof of pictures together etc. Any post came in house should have both of your name etc.

She has to work in uk .
You have to have a valid passport before submit application. ID or national card will be ignored. If you don't have a passport you may need to apply through your embassy .

First apply any sort of application in HO.
Then go to your local Council to give notice for marriage. Registrar will send your details to HO. HO will then hold your marriage for up to 70 days and will investigate if they need so. They might call you both for interviews. If they won't call you for interview then after 70 days you can go for registering marriage. (In case of 70 days HO will send you letter if that have allowed you to get married etc).
Once you have done your marriage send the Certificate to HO and tell them about your marriage.

You can submit the EFM application of you have spent 2 year together (above proof will needed for successful application )
Once you got married then you can Apply for FM to eea.

If you have a genuine relationship then you no needed to be worry. My advice is wait sometime till you will finished your 2 year together. Try to keep proof as much as you can . Once you complete your 2 year along with proof ,Submit EFM application. Then try get marriage (don't worry about HO .They won't detain or deport you. They might stop you for Interview.,Nutting much, also if you are sure that your wife an run behind you then apply otherwise don't take risk. ) if you are in genuine relationship then no one has a right to deport you.

Believe on your faith and follow the above instructions.

If you needed further help pls do ask .

Loutfi
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by Loutfi » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:14 pm

So what is permitted here then coz i need advice mate

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:32 pm

Loutfi wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:14 pm
So what is permitted here then coz i need advice mate
Precisely what advice are you still waiting for :?:
(Casa, not CR001)

Loutfi
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by Loutfi » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:35 pm

Thank you so much for your interest shown in my case. What you think I should do send the application away even so I haven't completed 2 years we going to be 1 year in March being together and over 1 year in September having an relationship few advices I was given its ok proceeding with the application without being 2 years only based on European family law and just want to legalise somehow my stay in uk whitout the teror of catching me deporting me back home where I've got not any boundaries left with my family.

Alibinnafe
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Alibinnafe » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:13 pm

Dear m8

I can understand your frustration. I was in same condition.

I think I have explained you each and every single point in my last post.

If if if you are in genuine relationship and you think in Sudden situation your partner/wife has got enough energy to run behind you or to face immigration or has enough funds then you no need to b worry .

Try spend 2 year with all proofs and then go for case.

Or best for you is if you ask your partner to move with you to smoother EU cuntry and then easy for you to get papers.

Hope that is enough for you to understand.

Loutfi
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by Loutfi » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:55 pm

Thanks a lot for u reply
And if i start my application now u think they gonna come home and take me what action they will take u think

Loutfi
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by Loutfi » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:40 pm

Text on this email address email address removed by moderator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:45 pm

Loutfi wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:40 pm
Text on this email address email address removed by moderator
Kindly familiarise yourself with the forum rules. No personal contact information of any kind is permitted to be posted on the public forum. We have many scammers and spammers who trawl the forum daily.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.