ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long can a dependent stay out of the country?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SKBehera
Newly Registered
India

How long can a dependent stay out of the country?

Post by SKBehera » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:20 pm

Hi,
I am presently on a ILR and my wife got her initial dependent visa for 2.5 years. She stayed in UK for a couple of months before she had to go back to India to finish her education.

Would her prolonged absence from the country affect her visa? I am aware that more than 180 days will hinder her settlement visa after 5 years as the absence will break her continuity. But, will it impact her present visa or be an issue when she re-enters country after an year (within the visa validity time)?

Will it impact her visa extension process later in any way?

vinny

Re: How long can a dependent stay out of the country?

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:25 pm

vinny wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:47 pm
See also the guidance relating to time spent outside the UK for spouses under Appendix FM.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.