ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Maintenance Requirement

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bala26
Newly Registered

Dependent Maintenance Requirement

Post by bala26 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:33 pm

Hi,

Could someone please clarify the maintenance required for my child outside the UK, child born in the UK last year but travelled without visa to India on Indian passport.
I have stayed in the UK for over 9 years and I last travelled to India in August for 5 weeks.
There's no clear information anywhere on .gov websites.

is it
630 for 90 days or
1890 for 90 days or
630 for child + 945 for myself + 945 for my wife(she had a valid dependent visa already).

Kind regards,

Bala

kaps84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Dependent Maintenance Requirement

Post by kaps84 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:44 pm

Could you please clarify what sort of application you are planning for? Your visa extension, or only for your child to be your dependent in UK or both ?
-- Kaps84

bala26
Newly Registered

Post by bala26 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:50 pm

my self, tier1 entrepreneur main applicant with valid visa until June 2018.

I need to bring my son from India to the UK on a dependent visa before May.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:25 pm

bala26 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:50 pm
my self, tier1 entrepreneur main applicant with valid visa until June 2018.

I need to bring my son from India to the UK on a dependent visa before May.
You do realise that they will only get a visa valid till June 2018 at the full visa fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kaps84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kaps84 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:48 pm

@bala, As CR001 said, you will be paying the full application fee for your dependent son (to bring him to UK for just 1 month period left) and than you will have to again pay the application fee when you apply for your extension application along with your dependents.

you pay dependant application fee now - visa, if granted, will be only until June 2018.
Soon after you will be applying for yourself and both of your dependents (again for your son)

- I am not sure (and really doubt) if they will even grant the visa when the main applicant is almost due for extension. - You need to check if there is any general grounds like 6 months valid visa for main applicant before they can grant a visa to dependent.

For your question regarding maintenance funds, you will have to maintain funds only for your dependent son (not for yourself or your wife) for now. But for your extension application, you will have to maintain it for all 3 of you.

I would think it is better if you apply for your visa extension (may be early extension, after careful consideration) and visa for both of your dependents at the same time. You will end up saving some money and hassle. But your dependents will have to wait until the extension application decision.
-- Kaps84

bala26
Newly Registered

Post by bala26 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:33 pm

kaps84 & CR001, thanks for your concern, I will be going for ILR under 5 yrs category in June 2018, that's the reason I want to bring my son to the UK before I apply for ILR. I'm not worried about visa fee.

I don't think there is any minimum visa period required on the main applicant to apply for the dependent.

My doubt is still not clarified, could you please confirm if it's £630 or £1890 for 90 days.

Many thanks,

Bala

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:14 am

bala26 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:33 pm
kaps84 & CR001, thanks for your concern, I will be going for ILR under 5 yrs category in June 2018, that's the reason I want to bring my son to the UK before I apply for ILR. I'm not worried about visa fee.

I don't think there is any minimum visa period required on the main applicant to apply for the dependent.

My doubt is still not clarified, could you please confirm if it's £630 or £1890 for 90 days.

Many thanks,

Bala
Not sure what the confusion is.

The PBS guidance document clearly says:
If the Tier 1 Migrant has been in the United Kingdom for 12 months or more, you must have £630 to support yourself.

You have clearly been here for more than 12 months, so it is £630.

Of course, you are aware that since your child was born in the UK, he/she can get BC once you get your ILR. I can totally understand that you want your kid earlier than later, but if you are eventually planning on take BC, I think it does not matter what visa the kid is on - even a general visa would work. Of course, there is no way to predict how long it will take to get your ILR. So, he/she can enter UK on any visa and not leave until you get your ILR since overstay is also not a disqualification for BC. Having sad that, personally I would prefer to avoid the tensions associated with that but you have the option :)
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.