ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Ent Team application

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cowboy
Newly Registered

Tier1 Ent Team application

Post by cowboy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:17 am

Hello gurus,

Me and my team member has applied for Tier1 Ent extension on April 2017, and interviewed on Dec 2017 and still waiting for response from HO. Now i got sponsorship from employer so varying my application to tier2 soon, my question how this effects my team members tier1 ent applicaion? Thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier1 Ent Team application

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:21 am

It will not. Your applications are separate. You simply can share investment and job creation evidence
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

cowboy
Newly Registered

Post by cowboy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:39 am

Thank you for prompt response Zimba88

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:39 am

Zimba is correct in that the applications are evaluated on its own.

But besides investment and job creation, there is also the access to funds and the business plan that may have an impact on the other team member.

So there are couple of ways that it could impact your partner - though there are no clear rules or guidance on this.

If part of the funds available were shown in your name, once you withdraw your Tier 1 E application, your partner may need to show access to the funds that were available to you also.

Similarly, if the business plan was dependant on skills and experience from each of you then it may have to be updated to show how your departure will be compensated.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

cowboy
Newly Registered

Post by cowboy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:50 am

marcnath wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:39 am
Zimba is correct in that the applications are evaluated on its own.

But besides investment and job creation, there is also the access to funds and the business plan that may have an impact on the other team member.

So there are couple of ways that it could impact your partner - though there are no clear rules or guidance on this.

If part of the funds available were shown in your name, once you withdraw your Tier 1 E application, your partner may need to show access to the funds that were available to you also.

Similarly, if the business plan was dependant on skills and experience from each of you then it may have to be updated to show how your departure will be compensated.
We have already spend 50K on employees and other business expenses, i guess this should be fine for HO as business already spend.

For business plan - if he can invite other person as director/Employee with same skills as mine, will that be okay for HO? Also do we need to update to HO in regards to above matters.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:00 am

cowboy wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:50 am

We have already spend 50K on employees and other business expenses, i guess this should be fine for HO as business already spend.
As I said, the guidance on this is not clear.

But, have you applied as money already invested (which is very different from money spent) or have you only shown access to 50K ? i.e. did you submit your accounts, Director Loan, bank statements, etc. ?

If it is money already invested, then yes, it should be ok.
cowboy wrote:

For business plan - if he can invite other person as director/Employee with same skills as mine, will that be okay for HO? Also do we need to update to HO in regards to above matters.
Again, difficult to say. There is no clear process or guide as to how they assess business plans. I would assume they have already reviewed it before the interview, so it is unlikely they will visit it again. To that extent it may be a non-issue.
There is no requirement to update HO with the business plan.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

cowboy
Newly Registered

Post by cowboy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:23 am

marcnath wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:00 am
cowboy wrote:

As I said, the guidance on this is not clear.

But, have you applied as money already invested (which is very different from money spent) or have you only shown access to 50K ? i.e. did you submit your accounts, Director Loan, bank statements, etc. ?

If it is money already invested, then yes, it should be ok.
cowboy wrote:

Again, difficult to say. There is no clear process or guide as to how they assess business plans. I would assume they have already reviewed it before the interview, so it is unlikely they will visit it again. To that extent it may be a non-issue.
There is no requirement to update HO with the business plan.

We have applied as share capital and accountant document for unaudited accounts shows how and where we have invested money (50K) and also we have declared in interview we have invested the money on employees and other business activities. i hope this will be ok for HO.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:25 am

cowboy wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:23 am

We have applied as share capital and accountant document for unaudited accounts shows how and where we have invested money (50K) and also we have declared in interview we have invested the money on employees and other business activities. i hope this will be ok for HO.
Ok. That should be straightforward and have no impact for your partner.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:02 pm

Actually need to correct that.

Assuming that you are 50% shareholders and each has shown investment of 25K.

What I can't assess is whether, at the time the CW makes the decision, would the CW still treat it as a team application or an individual application ? It is not clear whether you are expected to inform the CW of the change or whether they will get notified.

But, if this gets treated as an individual application at the decision time, then it will not meet the investment funds criteria.

It is a lot safer for you to change after the visa is approved.

cowboy
Newly Registered

Post by cowboy » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:30 pm

Thank you,

I have one more question, can i use my old IHS number for tier 2 (applying for 2 years only) where i have paid for tier 1 ent extention application (Paid for 3 years and which is already in progress) in part of varying my application?