ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

You can now apply online for ILR using SET(O)?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JohnOhn

You can now apply online for ILR using SET(O)?

Post by JohnOhn » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:34 pm

At the bottom of the ILR page it now says "You can now also apply using the online form."

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-seto

That's new, right? I didn't think you could apply for ILR using SET(O) online before.

My question is, can anyone applying via SET(O) use the online form now? And how do we submit our documents if we apply online?

The online application notes says to "read the guidance" about who can apply online using SET(O), but the guidance has not been updated: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... beta/set-o

divi86
Newly Registered

Re: You can now apply online for ILR using SET(O)?

Post by divi86 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:55 am

Hi,
Did you get an answer for your query? I am also planning to use this online service to apply online but not sure if anyone else has used it before.

Logan82

Post by Logan82 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:17 pm

end of the application, there are two options to choose, postal or one day. if you choose postal option, then you have to post the documents to UKVI wihin 15 days of submission. it will give you a covering letter with all the reference numbers once you made the payment. if you choose the one day option, the page will be directed to PEO appointments page.

i read somewhere in the UKVI web site, if you use the online form and need to cancel the appointment for whatever reason, that will treat as an application withdrawal where paper form and PEO appointment will treat as an appointment cancellation. but i am not an expert. so better to wait for experts comments as well.

Echoes
United Kingdom

Post by Echoes » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:14 pm

I wonder what would be the application date if we apply online and choose PEO appointment.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 pm

Echoes wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:14 pm
I wonder what would be the application date if we apply online and choose PEO appointment.
The date of your PSC appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

moongesture
Member of Standing

Post by moongesture » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:04 pm

Hi
Can we use Priority service for Postal application for ILR under Tier (entrepreneur) 5 Years route.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:22 pm

moongesture wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:04 pm
Hi
Can we use Priority service for Postal application for ILR under Tier (entrepreneur) 5 Years route.
There is no premium service available for Tier 1 Ent applicants. Nothing in this regard has changed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

moongesture
Member of Standing

Post by moongesture » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:41 pm

Many thanks

Ghey2
Newly Registered

Post by Ghey2 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:45 am

I am trying to look for the online application for Set O ILR but I cannot find it anymore even with the link posted in this thread. Maybe it has changed again and all paper now? Anyone who knows please?

regularuser
India

Post by regularuser » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:38 pm

Hi

Currently beta version is removed from the website,

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -01-18.pdf

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:21 am

Ghey2 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:45 am
I am trying to look for the online application for Set O ILR but I cannot find it anymore even with the link posted in this thread. Maybe it has changed again and all paper now? Anyone who knows please?
There was an online test run until 19th Feb and it was removed. Currently you can apply via post only
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

waseem_pak
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by waseem_pak » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:40 am

Ghey2 wrote:
This service was withdrawn at February 19, 2018. I was very unfortunate to apply via this service. Applied on 16 February for ILR based on Tier 2 and haven't got any decision yet (just reminder emails every 28 days) although my application was very straightforward (.i.e. 1 employer and annual salary £36k+). Few of my friends applied via postal service in March and all of them got approval at end of May.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:45 am

waseem_pak wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:40 am
Ghey2 wrote:
This service was withdrawn at February 19, 2018. I was very unfortunate to apply via this service. Applied on 16 February for ILR based on Tier 2 and haven't got any decision yet (just reminder emails every 28 days) although my application was very straightforward (.i.e. 1 employer and annual salary £36k+). Few of my friends applied via postal service in March and all of them got approval at end of May.
The online Set(O) is available again in BETA format.

Also not sure why you are tagging a post onto a Feb topic. Kindly refrain from tagging onto older threads.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ckkk123
Newly Registered
China

Post by ckkk123 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:52 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 pm
Echoes wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:14 pm
The date of your PSC appointment.
Dear Moderator,

I found this new online application system very confusing. How do you know the date of application is the PSC appointment date instead of the date of online application form submission? I see conflicting info online and not sure which one is the correct application date.

Many thanks!
K

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:28 pm

Please do not post your question on multiple posts !!!
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice