ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on Change of Address While Awaiting Decision

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

spikky

Advice on Change of Address While Awaiting Decision

Post by spikky » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:26 pm

Hello,

I am awaiting Tier 1 Extension since 10 months. I've resided at my current residence for 6.5 years and now may have to move due to change in circumstances.

While I am awaiting a decision on my Tier1 Entrepreneur extension application, will a letter to UKVI about change of address be acceptable or is there a risk in missing communication from Home Office? I can delay moving but will be a pain.

Any advice will be appreciated. Many thanks.

Spikky.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Advice on Change of Address While Awaiting Decision

Post by marcnath » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:30 pm

spikky wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:26 pm
Hello,

I am awaiting Tier 1 Extension since 10 months. I've resided at my current residence for 6.5 years and now may have to move due to change in circumstances.

While I am awaiting a decision on my Tier1 Entrepreneur extension application, will a letter to UKVI about change of address be acceptable or is there a risk in missing communication from Home Office? I can delay moving but will be a pain.

Any advice will be appreciated. Many thanks.

Spikky.
You are required to report it at https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp

In addition, send a letter to the original address you sent your application with your application reference number.

Lastly, set up mail forwarding with Royal Mail
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

spikky

Re: Advice on Change of Address While Awaiting Decision

Post by spikky » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:51 pm

Thank you so much!