ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP getting expired and travelling

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dada

BRP getting expired and travelling

Post by dada » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:41 am

Hi CR001, if you don't mind elaborating more, I've been wondering about a similar situation but didn't want to open a new thread as its close to this

So in the months leading up to the expiration of the BRP, does that mean holders of spouse visas can't really travel anywhere? A lot of countries require at least 6 months left on the UK visa/BRP to be allowed entry into their country, yet it cannot be renewed or extended until 1 month before expiry. I need to travel for a 4 week period around the 4-month mark before my BRP expires, which is also 2 months before I'm due to apply for ILR.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: BRP getting expired

Post by seagul » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:57 am

dada wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:41 am
Hi CR001, if you don't mind elaborating more, I've been wondering about a similar situation but didn't want to open a new thread as its close to this

So in the months leading up to the expiration of the BRP, does that mean holders of spouse visas can't really travel anywhere? A lot of countries require at least 6 months left on the UK visa/BRP to be allowed entry into their country, yet it cannot be renewed or extended until 1 month before expiry. I need to travel for a 4 week period around the 4-month mark before my BRP expires, which is also 2 months before I'm due to apply for ILR.
For travelling to other countries UK visa/BRP has no power to grant you entry there unless they are issued under EU regulations. It's only your passport and the relevant country visa matter and usually the passport is recommended to have at least 6 months of expiry while visa should be at least valid on entry and some countries have exit visas too.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: BRP getting expired and travelling

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:17 am

dada wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:41 am
Kindly see point 12 in this link (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dada

Post by dada » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:54 pm

Thanks, although I don't think you understood me well. I don't expect to use a BRP as an automatic right to enter any other country apart from the country that issued it. What I was referring to is the fact that the guidelines for visa applications to almost every country requires that you have at least 6 month's leave to remain in the country you're applying from. So my question is about traveling/visa applications in the under 6-month window before a leave to remain is renewed.

And I've made a note of #12 on the etiquette - I'd have thought that multiple threads about the same thing would overload the boards, but it makes sense not to hijack other people's queries, my apologies.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:57 pm

dada wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:54 pm
Thanks, although I don't think you understood me well. I don't expect to use a BRP as an automatic right to enter any other country apart from the country that issued it. What I was referring to is the fact that the guidelines for visa applications to almost every country requires that you have at least 6 month's leave to remain in the country you're applying from. So my question is about traveling/visa applications in the under 6-month window before a leave to remain is renewed.

And I've made a note of #12 on the etiquette - I'd have thought that multiple threads about the same thing would overload the boards, but it makes sense not to hijack other people's queries, my apologies.
Your previous post was replied accordingly the way you asked. But now you more clearly ask but I don't think that all countries want at least 6 months of uk visa, for example Ireland vfs suggests a minimum of 3 months. But I don't think that due to that reason they will refuse visa if valid reasons are explained.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.