ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Help !! Incorrect date stamping at Heathrow

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SUMEETJ

Urgent Help !! Incorrect date stamping at Heathrow

Post by SUMEETJ » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:33 am

Hello,

My wife who is a PBS dependent is applying for her ILR very soon. Need your urgent help on this.

I was just preparing her absence sheet and I realized that one od the dates stamped on her passport on entry to UK is incorrect. It is marked as 03/Mar/2016 instead of the actual 03/Apr/2016.

Here is a summary of all her travel around those dates, to give you a better understanding:

1) Previous Travel: No problem on passport stamps for this.
Travel from LHR - DEL 06/02/2016 (Correctly stamped in India for arrival)
Travel from MUM - LHR 22/02/2016 (Correctly stamped in India for departure) (Correctly stamped at Heathrow)

Number of days: 15

2) Travel in question: Arrival stamp at Heathrow is incorrect

Travel from LHR-DEL 22/03/2016 (Correctly stamped in India for arrival)
Travel from MUM-LHR - 03/04/2016 (Correctly stamped in India for departure) (Incorrectly stamped at Heathrow as 03/03/2016) - I do have an electronic copy of the boarding pass, that I can provide as an evidence.

Number of days: 11

3) Following travel: No problem on passport stamps for this.

Travel from LHR-DEL 12/01/2017 (Correctly stamped in India for arrival)
Travel from MUM-LHR - 12/02/2017 (Correctly stamped in India for departure) (Correctly stamped at Heathrow)

Number of days: 30

Can you please advise what should I do? Should I append e-tickets / electronic copies of boarding passes for all travels outside UK, to give the case workers comfort? Will I need to submit more evidence & if so what should it be?

Do the caseworkers only rely on the passport stamps, or do they also have access to some kind of electronic database which captures the information correctly in which case there shouldn't be a problem at all?

Appreciate your kind help moderators!!

Regards,
SJ

SUMEETJ

Re: Urgent Help !! Incorrect date stamping at Heathrow

Post by SUMEETJ » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:39 pm

Hello Moderators,

Sorry to bother you.

But any advice on my wife's situation.

Based on factual information there is no problem, in terms of absences. It is just that for one of the travels the date of entry in UK stamp, is not correct. I have reconfirmed this looking at the boarding pass & the eticket.

Regards,

SUMEETJ

Re: Urgent Help !! Incorrect date stamping at Heathrow

Post by SUMEETJ » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:41 am

Just a quick update to others, as it might help.

I raised a Subject Access Request (SAR) with Home Office to provide me a record of all the entries and exits from UK which they have it in their records.

They processed my request in 12 working days and provided me with the information.

It clarified, even though the stamping is incorrect on my wife's passport - they have the correct information in their database.

Hope it helps others who might face a similar issue in the future