ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport interview for 1st Adult Passport not required anymore?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

xpscapable
Australia

Passport interview for 1st Adult Passport not required anymore?

Post by xpscapable » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:00 am

I wonder if anyone has experienced this. My Mrs. applied for her passport after received her BC. To our surprise, the HMPO did not call for an interview and simply sent her the British Passport.

It took less than a week too. I posted the application form on Thursday and we received the passport and supporting document the following Wednesday. Less than 1 week!

Just to re-iterate, this is a 1st adult passport, so no fast track or premium or anything.

Maybe HMPO has changed the policy/procedure that once you've verified as a BC then there's no need really to re-verify.

Chinho2k

Re: Passport interview for 1st Adult Passport not required anymore?

Post by Chinho2k » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:35 am

Yes it appears to be a fairly new policy, experienced the same several months ago.

kiks
Romania

Post by kiks » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:51 am

In my opinion interview is no longer needed due to amount of checks they do for BC. They have your partner details, photos, signatures so this speeds up a process I guess. Regards and Congrats on fast turnaround of passport application :)

dhyperion
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dhyperion » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:32 am

I never understood why interviews were compulsory for ALL first adult passports, especially since in the case of naturalised citizens they have so many details - far more then they probably have for actual British citizens born and raised in the country (including biometric data).

Also, if you're a dual national and send in your existing passport and it all fits and looks fine - I don't see what value an interview would add with questions like who's your electricity supplier? If you're an EU citizen as well it makes it even easier to check authenticity of a passport and identity as there is national and EU wide databases with data.

Unless of course something looks out of place, then it's fair enough.