ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Best way to explain 5 month absence (dying parent) and few more questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RiverSong
Newly Registered

Best way to explain 5 month absence (dying parent) and few more questions

Post by RiverSong » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:23 am

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me with some questions I have regarding my SET(M) application?
- Since my last FLR I have a long absence (5 months) because my mother was dying of cancer. What is the best way to explain this absence? In a covering letter? In the list of absences? And do I need to mention this where they ask if I have lived permanently in the UK with my partner since my last leave? I was away for a long period of time but I did not actually move away if that makes sense, so not sure whether to say yes or no there.
- Question 9.13 asks how long I have lived in the UK. I came here about 8-9 years with a student visa. The next question asks to provide details of all absences during that time (referring to the previous answer). Does this mean I have to provide details for the whole 8-9 years? I have read that people seem to only provide the absences whilst on FLR.
- In Section 12 - Finances Documents, I have to tick the option for bank statements / payslips, do I also need to tick the Specified Evidence option (as I understand bank statements and payslips are included in the Appendix FM- Specified Evidence document, hence the confusion)?
- Do I need to send my UK post-graduate certificate again to show I meet the language requirement (I sent it for my last FLR)? And do I send our marriage certificate again?
- Our latest tenancy agreement was signed electronically. I will print it myself. Do I need to get a letter from the letting agency confirming it is authentic?
TIA!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Best way to explain 5 month absence (dying parent) and few more questions

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:27 am

- Since my last FLR I have a long absence (5 months) because my mother was dying of cancer. What is the best way to explain this absence? In a covering letter? In the list of absences? And do I need to mention this where they ask if I have lived permanently in the UK with my partner since my last leave? I was away for a long period of time but I did not actually move away if that makes sense, so not sure whether to say yes or no there.
There is NO absence limit and no evidence or explanation required. Simply complete the absence in the part of the form as required.
- Question 9.13 asks how long I have lived in the UK. I came here about 8-9 years with a student visa. The next question asks to provide details of all absences during that time (referring to the previous answer). Does this mean I have to provide details for the whole 8-9 years? I have read that people seem to only provide the absences whilst on FLR.
Absence for the last 5 years.
- In Section 12 - Finances Documents, I have to tick the option for bank statements / payslips, do I also need to tick the Specified Evidence option (as I understand bank statements and payslips are included in the Appendix FM- Specified Evidence document, hence the confusion)?
You need to submit all the same financial documents (bank statements and payslips etc) to prove you meet the financial requirement.
- Do I need to send my UK post-graduate certificate again to show I meet the language requirement (I sent it for my last FLR)? And do I send our marriage certificate again?
Yes and yes.
- Our latest tenancy agreement was signed electronically. I will print it myself. Do I need to get a letter from the letting agency confirming it is authentic?
TIA!
Yes you should.

You could also apply in person for a same day decision.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

RiverSong
Newly Registered

Post by RiverSong » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:02 pm

Thank you for your quick reply.

Regarding how to state the absence I will do as you suggest, just wondering how to answer question 2.13 Have you lived with your partner permanently in the UK since being granted temporary leave as a partner? Does the 5 month count as not living permanently with my husband? I didn't move I just had to stay away for a long while due to unfortunate circumstances.

I wish I could apply for Premium appointment but I can't afford it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:15 pm

You state yes as presumably you are still together. Absence or holidays and visits to parents are permitted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

RiverSong
Newly Registered

Post by RiverSong » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:19 pm

Yes, we are together. Thank you very much again for your help!