ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Early tier 2 extension application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mahvishtier2
Newly Registered
Andorra

Tier 2 dependant extension

Post by mahvishtier2 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:43 pm

Hi, we are 3 dependants in tier 2 and our visa expires in March 2018. The main applicants visa expires in October 2018. He had switched jobs and while he applied for new visa we were told it was not required for dependants. Now we called home office helpline but the lady was not able to give any answer saying just follow online application procedure but surely there must be a rule or something regarding people whose visa are not inline with main, applicant. The question is when we the dependants apply for extension in February 2018, will we get a visa only until october 2018 and are we required to pay full fees or should we go back to our country and apply again in october 2018, when main applicant applies for visa extension or will we get 3 year extension on this application made inside UK. Main applicant works for nhs and will extend in october 2018. Can anyone here guide us. WhatI happens to peopledo whose, visa are not inline with main applicant. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 dependant extension

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:48 pm

The question is when we the dependants apply for extension in February 2018, will we get a visa only until october 2018 and are we required to pay full fees
Yes, full fees are payable.
or should we go back to our country and apply again in october 2018, when main applicant applies for visa extension
No, you should apply in the UK with the main applicant.
or will we get 3 year extension on this application made inside UK.
Yes, you will get a 3 year PBS dependent extension usually or for the duration of your partners visa.
WhatI happens to peopledo whose, visa are not inline with main applicant.
They apply for an extension.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mahvishtier2
Newly Registered
Andorra

Re: Tier 2 dependant extension

Post by mahvishtier2 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:12 pm

Thanks for responding. This means when we apply for extension in Feb 2018, it extends till october 2018 which brings it inline with main applicants visa, after that we reapply again along with main applicant in october 2018 when he goes for an extension. However on each application we are to pay full fee and health surcharge covering 3 years or can we just pay one per year health surcharge for first extension to come inline with main applicant. Can you please guide about this.

mahvishtier2
Newly Registered
Andorra

Early tier 2 extension application

Post by mahvishtier2 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:45 pm

Hi, we are 3 dependants. Our tier 2 expires on 17 March 2018. The main applicants visa expires on 4 october 2018.
We planned to extend and come inline with main applicant in March. However the HR of NHS trust who is the employer are saying they may be able to give a new CoS to main applicant if it is lawful to do so. For us it will save a lot of money as we will have to reapply again in when main applicant extends visa. The question is: is it lawful for employer to give a new early CoS to do so? There is no change in employment location or job description or salary. The HR wasn"t sure. They said normally they, do 3 months in advance. This would be 5 months in advance. does anyone here know?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Early tier 2 extension application

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:50 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

saliame
Pakistan

Post by saliame » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:32 am

Hi,

I understand that, main Tier 2 applicant can go for an early extension, just before when dependants leave expire i.e in March, so you all apply at the same time and avoid extending visa twice.

Things to look for:

COS start date is within 3 months when you apply.
No information given related to how you are approaching towards 5 years tier 2.

KR,

S

mahvishtier2
Newly Registered
Andorra

Post by mahvishtier2 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:00 am

Hi, thank you for your response. On 17 March 2018, we would have completed the first 3 years out of the 5 needed. We are hoping to get a 3 year extension.

We did not quite understand the CoS date you have mentioned that we should be careful about. Can you explain a bit. What date works for us if we are to apply in March and still be in continuous employment.

Thank you

saliame
Pakistan

Post by saliame » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:45 am

Hi,

Sorry if I was unclear, say if you all apply on 1st March, the work start date..although you are extending and main applicant has visa until Aug, the work start date you mention shouldn't be Aug and should be stated which is within 3 months, in your case no later than 30th May(can't really say that this is when your visa will start and the end date will be decided) but will have an impact because due to overlapping months you will only get visa for time you have left to complete your 6 years since you already are on T2.

In a straight forward scenario

Current Leave until Aug18 and Extension applied in Aug18, it will be until Aug21 for 3 years

Current Leave until Aug18 and Extension applied in Mar18, it will be until Mar21 for 3 years

I hope the above comment makes sense.

Experts please correct me if I am wrong @CR001 @iworker

Thanks,

S

saliame
Pakistan

Post by saliame » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:55 am

saliame wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:45 am
Due to overlapping months you will only get visa for time you have left to complete your 6 years(no more than 3 years) since you already are on T2.

mahvishtier2
Newly Registered
Andorra

Post by mahvishtier2 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:25 pm

Thank you for explaining. Kind regards.