ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set (O) Form Qustions - Guidance needed

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:25 am

Hi,

I am on Tier 1 (G) and going to apply for ILR, during last 5 years I was away for only 20 days (while unemployed at that time) , My family was at homeland and my son was born there. I am planning to attach his birth certificate for that. Do you think if that evidence will be enough as I will have no employers letter as was unemployed that time.

Regards,

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Do we need employer letter for absence ILR -T1(G) route

Post by makky86 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:46 am

naveediiqbal wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:25 am
Hi,

I am on Tier 1 (G) and going to apply for ILR, during last 5 years I was away for only 20 days (while unemployed at that time) , My family was at homeland and my son was born there. I am planning to attach his birth certificate for that. Do you think if that evidence will be enough as I will have no employers letter as was unemployed that time.

Regards,
If you cannot get the letter then you'll have to provide the details. Yes, you can attach birth certificate, airline tickets etc
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Re: Do we need employer letter for absence ILR -T1(G) route

Post by naveediiqbal » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:51 am

makky86 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:46 am
naveediiqbal wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:25 am
Hi,

Regards,
If you cannot get the letter then you'll have to provide the details. Yes, you can attach birth certificate, airline tickets etc
Hi,

Thank you, Yes I am planning to use a letter (letter from applicant as per SET O form) explaining the reason for absence and could add additional evidence like travel tickets, birth certificate and entry clearance for my son later that year. Please let me know if any additional items could be more appropriate

Additionally Set O asks for Original Official documents like birth certificate

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Continuity calculation - 5 years Tier 1 G

Post by naveediiqbal » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:16 pm

I initially applied for Tier 1 G in Nov 2009 and got approval in Dec 2010.

I came to UK in May 2010 and went back to Homeland for more than 180 days in Feb 2011. I cam back in UK on 28 June 2012.

Since then I am in UK and only been out for 20 days in 2013 for parental leaves. I am applying for ILR on Feb 2018. I hope in terms of absence my relevant period starts from 29 June 2012 and to Feb 2018 (including 20 days outside for parental leaves) I satisfies the 5 year ILR requirements (Tier 1 G).

Please advise if I am correct on my assumption.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Continuity calculation - 5 years Tier 1 G

Post by marcnath » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:15 pm

naveediiqbal wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:16 pm
I initially applied for Tier 1 G in Nov 2009 and got approval in Dec 2010.

I came to UK in May 2010 and went back to Homeland for more than 180 days in Feb 2011. I cam back in UK on 28 June 2012.

Since then I am in UK and only been out for 20 days in 2013 for parental leaves. I am applying for ILR on Feb 2018. I hope in terms of absence my relevant period starts from 29 June 2012 and to Feb 2018 (including 20 days outside for parental leaves) I satisfies the 5 year ILR requirements (Tier 1 G).

Please advise if I am correct on my assumption.
You have met the continuous period requirement from somewhere in Jan 2017 - why did you wait this long to apply ?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Re: Continuity calculation - 5 years Tier 1 G

Post by naveediiqbal » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:25 pm

Hi,

Thank you for advise. Previously i was on contracting and in Jan 17 started PAYE so basically wanted to wait 12 months for getting maximum points on earnings. Just got December payslip so the first available date is start of Feb in Glasgow PEO

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Time Spent in Channel Islands (on work permit) to be mentioned or not?

Post by naveediiqbal » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:56 pm

I applied for and obtained T1-G in 2009 and came to the UK in 2010. Before entering the UK I spent a couple of years in (2007 to 2009) in Channels Island (I obtained a UK entry clearance based on Channel Island work permit visa to travel there) I left Channel Island and went back to the homeland in 2009 and later that year I applied for Tier 1 G Visa.

When entering my dates out of UK in ILR (set O) application form shall I mention my period spent between 2007-2009 (based on Channel Island work permit) or I shall mention only the Tier 1 G related period (post-2010 to date)?

Please note that due to the long gap (2011-2012) my continuity broke and I am applying my 5-year stay from June 2012 to Feb 2018 (this has only one travel out of UK on 13 Feb 2013 to back in the UK on 9 March = 23 days approx).

Your valuable guidance will be much appreciated.

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

List of absences in last 5 years (ILR 5 years route) or since first time arrival in UK?

Post by naveediiqbal » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:25 pm

Hi Guys,

Please advise if we are suppose to list absences in last 5 years (ILR 5 years route) or since first time arrival in UK?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: List of absences in last 5 years (ILR 5 years route) or since first time arrival in UK?

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:39 pm

All Topics Merged (click)

Kindly keep all your questions on the same application in one topic (this one), it is not necessary to start a new topic with each question you have.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: List of absences in last 5 years (ILR 5 years route) or since first time arrival in UK?

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:40 pm

naveediiqbal wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:25 pm
Hi Guys,

Please advise if we are suppose to list absences in last 5 years (ILR 5 years route) or since first time arrival in UK?
If you are applying on the basis of 5 years residence then only the last 5 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:59 pm

Thank you i was so much confused about that

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:00 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:39 pm

Kindly keep all your questions on the same application in one topic (this one), it is not necessary to start a new topic with each question you have.
Thankas sure i will follow

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:08 pm

Hi All,

I need some help to understand a few questions while I am inserting responses on my Set (O) form I am applying Tier 1 G - 5 years route.

6.7 (page 21) What Date was your last period of leaves valid until?
6.9 (page 22) What evidence of leave stated in 6.6 has been provided?

I do not have previous BRP as was submitted along with the previous extension application

10.13 page (67) - Date your fingerprints were taken - I don't exactly remember date and place (10.14)

12B (page 75) Employment not requiring a work permit.
If you are applying for ................... you must provide the following:

Recent documents from your current authorized employer confirming that you are still needed for the same work and that your employment with them is continuing.

My employer letter states that I confirm to write that Mr. XXX has been employed by our company from XXX date. I also confirm that Mr. XXX is a full term employee and currently holds the position of XXXXXXX.

Please advise shall If I need another letter stating I am still needed for the same work? Your kind help in this regards will be much appriciated.

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:13 pm

Hi.

I am creating this topic as did not get any response in my previous thread so please forgive me this time and kindly help me.

I need some help to understand a few questions while I am inserting responses on my Set (O) form I am applying Tier 1 G - 5 years route.

I do not have previous BRP as was submitted along with the previous extension application

10.13 page (67) - Date your fingerprints were taken - I don't exactly remember date and place (10.14)

Recent documents from your current authorized employer confirming that you are still needed for the same work and that your employment with them is continuing.

My employer letter states that I confirm to write that Mr. XXX has been employed by our company from XXX date. I also confirm that Mr. XXX is a full term employee and currently holds the position of XXXXXXX.

Please advise shall If I need another letter stating I am still needed for the same work? Your kind help in this regards will be much appriciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:56 am

naveediiqbal wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:00 pm
CR001 wrote:

Is anything unclear in the request from 12th January??
naveediiqbal wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:13 pm
I am creating this topic as did not get any response in my previous thread so please forgive me this time and kindly help me.
Maybe because members are busy with personal, family or work commitments or taking a break from the forum or don't know the answer :idea:
Char (CR001 not Casa)

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:18 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:56 am
naveediiqbal wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:00 pm
CR001 wrote:

Is anything unclear in the request from 12th January??
naveediiqbal wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:13 pm
Maybe because members are busy with personal, family or work commitments or taking a break from the forum or don't know the answer :idea:
Reason being it was a separate question ir relevant to previous title. And i explained that in new question as well. Thanks

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Re: Set (O) Form Qustions - Guidance needed

Post by naveediiqbal » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:28 am

Further, please guide me how to change the title of thread based on a separate query

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:01 pm

naveediiqbal wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:08 pm
The expiry date of your current visa
naveediiqbal wrote:
Say None and explain in cover letter
naveediiqbal wrote:
Write in the closest that you can remember. I went back and looked at my credit card bills to figure out the date, but that may have been a couple of days after the actual fingerprint submission.
naveediiqbal wrote:

I am not sure about this, but the wording does seem to suggest you need the wording that you are required for the job in future also.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:03 pm

The employment letter must state '.....required for the foreseeable future and salary of x payable for the forseeable future.....', as stated in the immigration rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:14 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:03 pm
The employment letter must state '.....required for the foreseeable future and salary of x payable for the forseeable future.....', as stated in the immigration rules.
Thank you.can you please advise which part of immigration rules asks for this for tier 1 G

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:23 pm

naveediiqbal wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:14 pm
CR001 wrote:
Thank you.can you please advise which part of immigration rules asks for this for tier 1 G
Apologies, that is relevant to Tier 2. Ignore my post.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:25 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:23 pm
naveediiqbal wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:14 pm
CR001 wrote:
Apologies, that is relevant to Tier 2. Ignore my post.
Thanks NP. :)