ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English test for ILR when it was given more than 5 years ago

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Vik0916475
Newly Registered
India

English test for ILR when it was given more than 5 years ago

Post by Vik0916475 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:37 pm

Hi,
My wife will be eligible for ILR this September and I wanted to know if she will need to give the English test again as she already appeared in on (IELTS) in September 2012.

Regards,
Vik

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: English test for ILR when it was given more than 5 years ago

Post by zimba » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:12 pm

Yes as it seems non-SELT tests are not accepted anymore, even if submitted and accepted previously

indefinite-leave-to-remain/faqs-english ... l#p1280140
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Vik0916475
Newly Registered
India

Post by Vik0916475 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:26 pm

Many thanks, so she will have to give another one :(

Regards,
Vik

Vik0916475
Newly Registered
India

Post by Vik0916475 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:34 pm

Hi,

But I think this is SELT test as it is in the approved list https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... entres.pdf

Also, she used this test in her last Tier 2 extension as well, does she still need to appear for another?

Thanks in advance..

Regards,
Vik

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:36 pm

If the test was a non-SELT, it will NOT be accepted :!:
Applications made on or after 12 November 2015
For naturalisation applications made on or after 12 November 2015 and settlement applications made on or after 19 November 2015, the only tests that are acceptable are qualifications covering speaking and listening at B1 or above from the Secure English Language Test (SELT) list in the Immigration Rules, Appendix O. No other tests are acceptable. The test must be taken at an approved test centre – see link for list of approved test centres. The test must have been taken no more than 2 years before the date of application.

However, for settlement applications, you must accept a qualification from one of the providers on the current SELT that has passed the expiry date, if it has previously been accepted by us in connection with another immigration application, e.g. for entry clearance. A qualification that is not from one of the providers on the current SELT list is not acceptable even if previously accepted by us in connection with another application.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... LL-v19.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

kingraja

Post by kingraja » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:41 pm

Sorry to Jump in the post but I also have ilets certificate which is also 5years old but the test centre is still in home office list & I used it in my previous applications as well but th8s certificate don't have ukvi no not sure what to put in form where they ask for unique reference no or I should only send the old certificate.
Marcnath can you explain this as well because you haven't even send the certificate & scored points for English language.
rajathegreat