ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit and Residence Card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kurasinski_simran
Newly Registered
India

EEA Family Permit and Residence Card

Post by kurasinski_simran » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:26 pm

Hi

I hold an EEA Family Permit at the moment which expires in May 2018

I will be applying for my residence card in order to prove my right to reside in the UK with my husband.

As of now, my husband and I are looking for work. As soon as we are employed, I will collect my paperwork and submit it to the home office with sufficient proof of our relationship.

I need advise on what is to be done if my Family Permit expires before the decision on my card is taken by the Home Office.
Am I supposed to stay back in the UK and wait for the decision or return to my home country (India)? Would it be illegal to stay in the UK once my permit expires?

Any feedback would be helpful.

Thank you

Best wishes
Simran

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Re: EEA Family Permit and Residence Card

Post by dan1988uk » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:03 pm

About a month after you start the application, after the biometrics, Home Office will send you a Certificate of Application which allows you to work, do not leave the country before the outcome of the application otherwise you will need to apply again for another Family Permit.