ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa query

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Parveenkumar7
Newly Registered
India

Dependent visa query

Post by Parveenkumar7 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:25 am

Dear gurus and friends,

I am on tier 1 entrepreneur visa which is expiring 18 may 2018. I got married and wanted to apply for my wife's dependent visa from india. Will the fact that I only have 5 months visa left affect her application. Please treat as Urgent. Thanks.

Regards,

Praveen

Member of Standing

Re: Depeendent visa query

Post by 10020132 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:40 am

I don't think so

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Depeendent visa query

Post by marcnath » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:07 pm

Parveenkumar7 wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:25 am
Dear gurus and friends,

I am on tier 1 entrepreneur visa which is expiring 18 may 2018. I got married and wanted to apply for my wife's dependent visa from india. Will the fact that I only have 5 months visa left affect her application. Please treat as Urgent. Thanks.

Regards,

Praveen
It won't, but she will get the visa only until your visa expiry and you will need to renew together
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Dependent visa query

Post by bizman » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:51 pm

She will be issued a dependant visa upto the expiry of your visa however you will have to renew together except you were granted visa for 3years 4 months when you can possibly renew earlier than your dependant if you choose to

Parveenkumar7
Newly Registered
India

Post by Parveenkumar7 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:18 pm

Thank you all for your response I appreciate it.

Parveenkumar7
Newly Registered
India

Post by Parveenkumar7 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:59 am

Hello friends,

I am applying the dependent next week, do you guys advise paying for expedited process some 200 pounds.

Also wanted to just carry on my further requests within same post...

I was first granted T1E March 2013 - March 2016. Extended successfully from 18 May 2016 to May 2018. Business is running have maintained more than 3 full time citizen staff. What are other requirements for ILR, when is earliest I can apply and does my wife need any English proficiency to apply as dependent actually will it be dependent or what category she needs to apply in. I probably can find this information on ukvi website however a lot of it is jargon I hardly understand and I would not want to go wrong on this. Thanks again guys.

Regards,

Praveen Kumar

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:20 am

I was first granted T1E March 2013 - March 2016. Extended successfully from 18 May 2016 to May 2018. Business is running have maintained more than 3 full time citizen staff. What are other requirements for ILR,
Read the Set(O) form and guidance notes, it tells you what you need.
when is earliest I can apply
No sooner than within 28 days of reaching 5 years residence.
and does my wife need any English proficiency to apply as dependent actually will it be dependent or what category she needs to apply in.

If applying as a Tier 1 dependent then no. If you apply for your wife now, her visa will only be valid till the date of your visa expiry in May 2018.

If you are on Tier 1 Ent, then she can only apply as a Tier 1 Ent Dependent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Parveenkumar7
Newly Registered
India

Post by Parveenkumar7 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:06 am

Thank you Char for your reply,

I understand the following;

1) l can possibly apply April 20 onwards.
2) I make an application on Set(O) and at the same time my wife would apply on T1E dependent form.

What would be length of visa my wife would get. And per this scenario is there still any requirement of proficiency for my wife from what I could gather she only needs to prove it when she will apply for settlement. Appreciate your help.

Regards,

Praveen Kumar

Parveenkumar7
Newly Registered
India

Post by Parveenkumar7 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:16 am

Or rather February 28 Onwards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:24 am

Parveenkumar7 wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:16 am
Or rather February 28 Onwards
This one. Within 28 days BEFORE your 5 years completes from the date of your original Tier 1 visa.
2) I make an application on Set(O) and at the same time my wife would apply on T1E dependent form.
Assuming your wife is in the UK, then yes, she must apply for an extension of her visa. If she is not in the UK and still in India, she cannot apply at the same time as you.
What would be length of visa my wife would get.
A 3 years PBS Dependent extension if applying in the UK.
And per this scenario is there still any requirement of proficiency for my wife from what I could gather she only needs to prove it when she will apply for settlement.
No English requirement for PBS Dependents. It will only be required for ILR with LIUK test.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Parveenkumar7
Newly Registered
India

Post by Parveenkumar7 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:18 pm

Thanks Char

I would now go to the guidance to learn more, and get back with more questions. :) I do appreciate your help. And if it is possible you may remove urgent from the title of my post. :D thanks.

Parveenkumar7
Newly Registered
India

Post by Parveenkumar7 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:28 pm

Thank you everyone my wife has received her visa today. This might help clear the myst around less than 6 months visa validity. As I only have 5 months visa left. Thanks again and I shall come back with my queries about further extension to ILR.

Regards,

Praveen Kumar

Parveenkumar7
Newly Registered
India

Post by Parveenkumar7 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:58 pm

Dear friends,

I made a contact with home office, and they said as visa is less than six months, my wife won't get a BRP. We have concluded that I apply on Set(o) form and my wife on PBS dependent form, my queries are as follows;

1) I had a parking ticket which was issued at my office car park, where I had right to park so I ignored and whilst I was in India ccj was delivered and I was ordered to pay ticket and other expenses nearly 400 pounds, which I challenged using set aside form which was granted in June 2017. Is this to be furnished in criminal or penalty questions in set o form. Please guide.

2) I recently changed the name as it appears on passport just variation of full name to broken down surname and first names, earlier there was no surname mentioned in my passport. Does this affect the application in any ways?

3) What proof will suffice the need to prove subsisting relationship as council tax and other bills are so far in my name. Do you advise changing them to reflect both names ?

4) I take minimum salary from business which is less than my expenses but use my savings and dividends to make up the living costs. How should I fill the earnings include dividends or just salary, do you guys suggest having wife on my business payroll.

5) maintenance is just applicable to my wife as she is making pbs dependent application, not to me is this correct?

Thanks a lot for your time and responses.

Regards,

Parveen Kumar

Parveenkumar7
Newly Registered
India

Post by Parveenkumar7 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:14 pm

Moderators can you please change the topic to ILR query

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:17 pm

Parveenkumar7 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:58 pm
1) I had a parking ticket which was issued at my office car park, where I had right to park so I ignored and whilst I was in India ccj was delivered and I was ordered to pay ticket and other expenses nearly 400 pounds, which I challenged using set aside form which was granted in June 2017. Is this to be furnished in criminal or penalty questions in set o form. Please guide.
I would provide that information and explain in the notes that it was put aside. It should not have any negative impact.
Parveenkumar7 wrote:
2) I recently changed the name as it appears on passport just variation of full name to broken down surname and first names, earlier there was no surname mentioned in my passport. Does this affect the application in any ways?
No, make sure you provide the information (deed, etc.) of the name change and explain it in the cover letter.
Parveenkumar7 wrote:
3) What proof will suffice the need to prove subsisting relationship as council tax and other bills are so far in my name. Do you advise changing them to reflect both names ?
You just got her visa and she is moving over or just moved over - that should be sufficient evidence. Her address is possibly the same as yours in immigration records and she will have some bank address the same. No need to overthink this.
Parveenkumar7 wrote:
4) I take minimum salary from business which is less than my expenses but use my savings and dividends to make up the living costs. How should I fill the earnings include dividends or just salary, do you guys suggest having wife on my business payroll.
There are no salary requirements for T1E ILR
Parveenkumar7 wrote:
5) maintenance is just applicable to my wife as she is making pbs dependent application, not to me is this correct?
Correct
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Parveenkumar7
Newly Registered
India

Post by Parveenkumar7 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:53 am

Thank you marcnath, however, there was no deed or any other formality required as I just moved surname from first names field to surname field in Indian passport. So technically full name still is the same.

Wife is already in UK and have had NI and other NHS letters on her name at the address so think we are covered there.

I also have American business visa do you think I need to inform them of the change.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Parveen