ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP -- My fiance (applicant) is unemployed - will this affect fiance visa application?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

galfromtheshire
Newly Registered
Philippines

Advice on timing fiance's visa application and my visit back home

Post by galfromtheshire » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:53 pm

Hi all,

First time posting! Bit of background:

My fiance is applying for a fiance visa in April of this year with the intention of us getting married in the UK in November 2018, and him applying for FLR-M visa right after the wedding.

I have been with my employer since Feb 2015, but my new permanent role (which meets the income threshold of 18600) didn't start until 2nd October 2017. I get paid on the last day of each month (except if it falls on a weekend, holiday or December wherein we get paid early). Now, my questions are as follow:

> If he applies after 2nd April 2018, I would have been in my role for 6 months, and can provide payslips and corresponding bank statements for Oct2017, Nov2017, Dec2017, Jan2018, Feb2018 & Mar2018. Would that be okay or would I need to wait until my April pay comes in?

I would like to come home and see him and review his document pile before he submits it to VFS. I am a bit of a control freak, so I would really like to see first hand the documents we have and how it's arranged. And of course, I want to see my fiance again before the long waiting game for the result begins. Do you think my plan outlined below is realistic:

- Print out March 2018 payslip on 30 March and get my set of 6 payslips stamped by HR & get my most recent bank statements.
- Fly to the Philippines on Friday 6th April and then my fiance will submit his online application when I'm finally with him.

Do you think he will likely get the appointment to submit his documents within the 2 weeks that I plan to stay with him?

Sorry for the lengthy post. Thanks in advance!

galfromtheshire
Newly Registered
Philippines

HELP -- My fiance (applicant) is unemployed - will this affect fiance visa application?

Post by galfromtheshire » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:21 pm

Hi all,

My fiance, currently in the Philippines, is unemployed at the moment. I'm well aware that it's only my employment, payslips and bank statements that are required as I'm the sponsor. However, will it negatively affect his application as it doesn't show any employment? Please see background info below:

He completed his Nursing bachelor's degree in the Philippines last 2014. Since then, his grandmother has fallen seriously ill and instead of hiring a live-in nurse/carer to take care of her, my fiance has offered to become his grandmother's carer - because (1) he was very close with her and (2) he was still revising for the Nursing exam and (3) convenience - their house was already cosy enough for 4 people and adding a live in carer/nurse to the mix wont be comfortable.

He was supported by a monthly allowance from his parents in exchange for this. However, there's no contract as such because it's family arrangement and the money is given in cash as bank transfers are not much of a thing back in the Philippines.

Is this going to negatively affect his application? He will write a letter explaining 'non-employment' for the past years, we can also get a notarized letter from his parents confirming monthly allowance support was given to him in exchange for his caregiving duties at home. Would this be enough? Am I overthinking this?

Many thank and hoping for a response!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: HELP -- My fiance (applicant) is unemployed - will this affect fiance visa application?

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:25 pm

No issue if the applicant is unemployed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.