ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is this OK for HMRC proof of corporation tax registration?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JohnOhn

Is this OK for HMRC proof of corporation tax registration?

Post by JohnOhn » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:40 pm

For our application, we must show that our UK business is registered for corporation tax with documentation directly from HMRC. I was going to submit one of the three pieces below. Do all fulfill that requirement?

• original HMRC CT41G letter "Corporation Tax Information for New Companies"
• original HMRC CT603 letter "Notice to deliver a Company Tax Return"
• original HMRC CT620 letter "Acknowledgement of a company tax return"

If any of the above suffice, should I even bother submitting an actual printout of our company tax return CT600 filed online?

Thanks you for any input

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Is this OK for HMRC proof of corporation tax registration?

Post by zimba » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:25 pm

The fact is that non of those letters actually prove you are registered for CT or your company is non-dormant. On the other hand, CT600 is a clear proof that you registered for CT and filed the required paperwork
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

JohnOhn

Post by JohnOhn » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:48 pm

zimba88 wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:25 pm
The fact is that non of those letters actually prove you are registered for CT or your company is non-dormant. On the other hand, CT600 is a clear proof that you registered for CT and filed the required paperwork
I would think just the opposite–>that a CT600 is NOT definitive proof you registered for CT and filed the required paperwork. After all, anyone can download a CT600 form here and just fill one out. How is the HO to know you actually sent in the CT600 to HMRC?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -version-3

The Immigration Rules state: "if they are a director of a UK company, it must be registered for corporation tax and they must provide documentation from HM Revenue & Customs which confirms this".

A CT600 is a document you send to HMRC, not receive from them.

Whereas a CT620 is a letter posted from HMRC that states "HMRC acknowledges receipt of the company tax return."

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:49 pm

I am going to disagree with Zimba here.

The requirement is
HM Revenue & Customs’ confirmation or equivalent evidence that the company is registered for corporation tax

All of the documents that OP mentioned initially will only be issued by HMRC if the company is registered for CT and hence meets the requirement specified.

The requirement to show the company is not dormant is specified as a Companies House document (effectively the CAR).
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

jafersadeq
United Kingdom

Post by jafersadeq » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:30 pm

marcnath wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:49 pm
I am going to disagree with Zimba here.

The requirement is
HM Revenue & Customs’ confirmation or equivalent evidence that the company is registered for corporation tax

All of the documents that OP mentioned initially will only be issued by HMRC if the company is registered for CT and hence meets the requirement specified.

The requirement to show the company is not dormant is specified as a Companies House document (effectively the CAR).
100% you are right.
Thanks for all