ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration health surcharge and National healt insurance

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dragos
Newly Registered
Turkey

Immigration health surcharge and National healt insurance

Post by dragos » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:25 pm

Hi Guys,
I will apply to for my extention spouse visa, I am working in the UK since 2015 and I have registered National health insurance meaning I have a number , Do I need pay also immigration health surcharge fees ?
My visa will finish 22/03/2018 , When I have to do this appointment, for my extention spouse visa.?
My wife british citizen so last question what kind of visa is it FLR (M) ?
Thank you
Murat

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Immigration health surcharge and National healt insurance

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:05 pm

dragos wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:25 pm
Hi Guys,
I will apply to for my extention spouse visa, I am working in the UK since 2015 and I have registered National health insurance meaning I have a number , Do I need pay also immigration health surcharge fees ?
My visa will finish 22/03/2018 , When I have to do this appointment, for my extention spouse visa.?
My wife british citizen so last question what kind of visa is it FLR (M) ?
Thank you
Murat
I'm not sure what you mean by what kind of visa is FLR(M). It's a 2.5 year spouse visa extension.

You should apply no earlier than 28 days before your current visa expires.

Having a NHS number doesn't exclude you from having to pay the £500 Immigration Health Surcharge.

You also need A2 level English unless you are from an exempt country or meet the English requirement with a degree.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

dragos
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by dragos » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:41 am

Thank you very much for your quick answer.
FLR (M) meaning ;stands for a Further Leave to Remain, in the ‘M’ category, ie based on the Marriage to a settled person, under the Appendix FM. It is used for spouses and partners of British citizens and settled persons but it has to be an application within the Rules. All the requirements must be met, including the Financial Requirement, status in the UK etc. The outcome is a visa for 2.5 years in the so called “5 year Partner route”, meaning it would take 5 years to qualify for Indefinite Leave (permanent residency).
Thank you

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:27 am

dragos wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:41 am
Thank you very much for your quick answer.
FLR (M) meaning ;stands for a Further Leave to Remain, in the ‘M’ category, ie based on the Marriage to a settled person, under the Appendix FM. It is used for spouses and partners of British citizens and settled persons but it has to be an application within the Rules. All the requirements must be met, including the Financial Requirement, status in the UK etc. The outcome is a visa for 2.5 years in the so called “5 year Partner route”, meaning it would take 5 years to qualify for Indefinite Leave (permanent residency).
Thank you
I'm aware of what FLR(M) is....and you've obviously found the full explanation yourself. :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:35 pm

Casa wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:27 am
:|
:)

dragos
Newly Registered
Turkey

For Spouse extension visa can I use B1 certificate

Post by dragos » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:12 pm

Hi guys I have B1 certificate, I will apply to spouse visa extension can I use this B1certificate instead of A2?
Thank you