ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK banks to check 70m bank accounts in search for illegal immigrants

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vinny

Re: UK banks to check 70m bank accounts in search for illegal immigrants

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:16 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

giblet
United States of America

Post by giblet » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:24 am

I got a notice from my bank saying I need to supply evidence of my identity and residency.

I am not a resident in the UK. I opened the account when I lived in the UK, but I do not currently live there. Previously my US address was on the account but I needed my new bank card when I was in the UK so I had to change it to my friend's flat to get the card delivered.

I'm a bit confused about this notice -- if I change my address to a non-UK address, is that enough to get them to leave me alone? I can prove that I do not live in the UK and have visas to prove I have been living elsewhere. I don't want to close the bank account, though, because I will be back in the UK in 2019 (legally, natch).

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:13 pm

giblet wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:24 am
I got a notice from my bank saying I need to supply evidence of my identity and residency.

I am not a resident in the UK. I opened the account when I lived in the UK, but I do not currently live there. Previously my US address was on the account but I needed my new bank card when I was in the UK so I had to change it to my friend's flat to get the card delivered.

I'm a bit confused about this notice -- if I change my address to a non-UK address, is that enough to get them to leave me alone? I can prove that I do not live in the UK and have visas to prove I have been living elsewhere. I don't want to close the bank account, though, because I will be back in the UK in 2019 (legally, natch).
This is not relevant to the immigration issue discussed. The FCA recently demanded that ALL banks must confirm the identity/addresses of their account holders. This is separate from the HO requirements. Call your bank and ask if you can provide non UK address.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

giblet
United States of America

Post by giblet » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:56 am

zimba88 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:13 pm
This is not relevant to the immigration issue discussed. The FCA recently demanded that ALL banks must confirm the identity/addresses of their account holders. This is separate from the HO requirements. Call your bank and ask if you can provide non UK address.
Thanks. I panicked for no reason. Phew.

jutt1983
BANNED
Pakistan

Post by jutt1983 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:43 am

Guys nothing to be worry about , if you have valid pending application it won’t effect on your accounts. Basically home office will be providing information to CIFAS for peoples with subject to remove and all appeals rights finished and absconded from reporting office etc. CIFAS linked to credit history when bank will do credit search or immigration search and information for individual who are subject to remove will come up and bank will take from there according to their instructions. Home office will not provide any information for the person who is in system with pending applications or appeals. But why too much worry just keep very limited funds in accounts lol