ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T2 application after visa refusal

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

leihongchi
Newly Registered
China

Applying T2, Passport retained by UKVI after previous refusal

Post by leihongchi » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:11 pm

Hi,

I will apply T2 visa within 14 days of receiving a negative result of administrative review of my previous DES T4 visa refusal.
Currently, my passport is retained by UKVI, because my previous visa had expired. What should I do when I fill the online application form?
Should I call any one to request my passport? Or just mention anywhere that my passport is with UKVI already?

Many thanks

vinny

Re: Applying T2, Passport retained by UKVI after previous refusal

Post by vinny » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:17 pm

leihongchi wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:11 pm
just mention anywhere that my passport is with UKVI already?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

leihongchi
Newly Registered
China

Post by leihongchi » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:45 pm

Hi Vinny,

Many thanks for your quick reply.
I checked the document you mentioned. But it talks mainly about how they deal with retained important documents and how to return for voluntary departure. I did not find any part describing re-application or new application following visa refusal.

Regards

Hongchi

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:53 pm

leihongchi wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:11 pm
Should I call any one to request my passport?
The important point was that they do not normally return documents after refusing an application.
Retention of valuable documents wrote:Documents will not normally be returned to the individual or their representative in other circumstances unless the individual clearly demonstrates:

 they require the documentation to return voluntarily and:
o there are no reasons to doubt that the individual genuinely intends to travel
o the individual has produced proof that travel tickets have been purchased for a specific date of travel
o there is not enough time to arrange to send the passport to the relevant port to oversee the departure
 there are other exceptional reasons why the documentation should be returned
As they already have your passport, it's probably not an exceptional reason for them to return it, only to have you resubmit it again with a new application. What would be the point?

Does that make sense?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

dks
Newly Registered
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Post by dks » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:33 pm

Hi mate, sorry to jump in.
I am in the same situation. My passports are with UKVI at the moment. And my BRP is already expired. What are the options you were looking for? What was your previous visa? What is the reason for the refusal? And when did you submitted the AR.
In this case, if you get a sponsor, will it be accepted? ( I got some advicese saying that will be likely to get refused. Is it true?)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:00 pm

dks wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:33 pm
Hi mate, sorry to jump in.
I am in the same situation. My passports are with UKVI at the moment. And my BRP is already expired. What are the options you were looking for? What was your previous visa? What is the reason for the refusal? And when did you submitted the AR.
In this case, if you get a sponsor, will it be accepted? ( I got some advicese saying that will be likely to get refused. Is it true?)
Your circumstances are different in that your sponsors licence has been revoked. AR would not be relevant to you if your visa is now refused as you don't have a sponsor. The OP got a refusal of the T4 DES visa and not Tier 2.

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/tier ... l#p1583339
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

leihongchi
Newly Registered
China

Submitting T2 Application after DES(T4) refusal

Post by leihongchi » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:08 pm

Hi,

I applied Doctorate Extension Scheme (DES) in last August, with my wide as dependent. After, I have been working under C3 leave after getting awarded PhD since last September. However, due to document missing, our DES has been refused, eventually, after 2 administrative reviews. Now I am in a position that I need submit a new T2 application with my wife within 14 days of receiving my 2nd AR.

1. As long as I submit this application (with my wife as dependent) within 14 days, it should be a valid application, right? I mean there is no other issues that my previous refusal would affect my new application (of course I will mention this in application form).

2. I am working on a time-fixed contract and my eligibility to work under C3 leave ended from the date of 2nd AR. Therefore, my contract was added in a 4-week absent period to cover my visa re-application time and HR’s work eligibility check, prior to issuing COS statement. Will this affect visa application in any ways? Do I need to describe this in detail?

3. Since I have worked for 4 months, do I need to submit my payment slips for any reason?

4. Since I will be seen as switching from T4, and I shall provide documents:
  • COS Statement
    Amended Assignment Letter (in accordance with COS)
    Original Assignment Letter
    My PhD Degree
    Bank Statements (mine and my wife’s)
    Proof of Address (and proof of relationship)
I understand I should go for case-working-level service, but I have only 14 days to get lots of things done. Please accept my apology if any of the questions above are more than general consultancy.

Regards

Hongchi

leihongchi
Newly Registered
China

T2 application after visa refusal

Post by leihongchi » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:31 pm

Hi,

I applied Doctorate Extension Scheme (DES) in last August, with my wide as dependent. After, I have been working under C3 leave after getting awarded PhD since last September. However, due to document missing, our DES has been refused, eventually, after 2 administrative reviews. Now I am in a position that I need submit a new T2 application with my wife within 14 days of receiving my 2nd AR.

1. As long as I submit this application (with my wife as dependent) within 14 days, it should be a valid application, right? I mean there is no other issues that my previous refusal would affect my new application (of course I will mention this in application form).

2. I am working on a time-fixed contract and my eligibility to work under C3 leave ended from the date of 2nd AR. Therefore, my contract was added in a 4-week absent period to cover my visa re-application time and HR’s work eligibility check, prior to issuing COS statement. Will this affect visa application in any ways? Do I need to describe this in detail?

3. Since I have worked for 4 months, do I need to submit my payment slips for any reason?

4. Since I will be seen as switching from T4, and I shall provide documents:
COS Statement
Amended Assignment Letter (in accordance with COS)
Original Assignment Letter
My PhD Degree
Bank Statements (mine and my wife’s)
Proof of Address (and proof of relationship)

I understand I should go for case-working-level service, but I have only 14 days, please accept my apology if any of the questions above are more than general consultancy.

(Not sure how come my last post went bleow one my of my ealier post....)

Regards

Hongchi

leihongchi
Newly Registered
China

Re: T2 application after visa refusal

Post by leihongchi » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:42 pm

Hi,

Besides, as UKVI currently holding my passport. I do not have any other travel document, and I do not have my Chinese national identity card with me. Although the online formed provided an area to exlain, will this become an issue.

Application Form:
Do you have a valid passport? No
You are unable to provide your passport with your application because
You have previously applied for leave and your passport has not been returned
Do you have a valid national identity card? No
Do you have a most recent expired national identity card? No
Do you have a travel document? No
Explain why you are unable to provide either a valid national identity card or a travel document.
I have been using passport as my identity certificate and travel document. My Chinese national identity card is usually not a valid document in UK, and it was kept in my home in China. I have not applied for any other kind of travel document other than passport. With regard to my passport, it was not returned to me after our (my wife and I) previous DES visa application refusal (reference: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx). We are now making this application within 14 days of receiving the AR decision.
What type of visa or leave to remain do you have? None
(Alert: Your application is unlikely to be successful if you do not currently hold a visa or permission to stay., but it was stated quite clear in application guide that within 14 days after visa refusal or AR decision, one can make T2 application)
Do you have a biometric residence permit?
No, I had a biometric residence permit for my most recent leave, but I do not have it now

As said, sry if these are too much for general consultancy, but I am truly out of time.

Regards

Hongchi

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:00 pm

Topics Merged (click)

Kindly keep all your questions in one topic. It is not necessary to keep starting a new topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

leihongchi
Newly Registered
China

Post by leihongchi » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:39 pm

Dear CR001,

Oh, that was the reason. Thanks for letting me now.

Regards

Hongchi