ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Plan - From LIUK to File Prep

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aaliya1986
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Plan - From LIUK to File Prep

Post by aaliya1986 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:57 pm

I was filling the SET LR form. Got a few doubts which I hope you guys will be able to help with.

D3. absences from the uk
all of my trips are to pakistan, to visit family
- in one trip i visited 2 countries, pakistan and saudi arabia?
for eg. the total trip was 1 jan - 31 jan but i went to saudi from 10 jan - 17 jan, without coming back to uk. should i mention this sub-trip as well?

D13. ties you have
country i was born - family lives there
country i have lived for 5 years or more - uk - friends, colleagues, social circle,

any suggestions on what more i can add on this to make it stronger?

for documents,
i am not including bank statement or payslips but i will keep them with me, just in case.
i have printed out all airline tickets for the past 10 years just in case. i have made a travel summary sheet which i will attach.

i have also Typed the application form rather than filling it by hand. i hope thats okay.

is it a good idea to add a file summary sheet on top of the file for eg.

1. application form
2. passport
3. .....

looking forward for your help.

thank you in advance all. :)

aaliya1986
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by aaliya1986 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:30 pm

Alhamdullilah. I have a good news.
Been on this forum and an everyday reader. Been following all of your stories and was happy every time I saw a success story. Now here is my story.

1. Category: SET LR
2. Number of dependents: 0
3. Total cost: £2887.00
4. PEO branch: Croydon
5. Documents provided:
  • SET LR Form – Typed on computer, Black INK
    - All passports covering duration
    - LIUK Pass Certificate
    - UK Degree
    - Visa and travel summary outlining all travel and visas got during this time
    - Uni Letter (On Request)

6. Absences more than 180 days in any of the qualifying years: No
7. Any Additional Comments.

Booked the appointment 42 days in advance. Made and took a file but it was not allowed by the Data Entry admins so make sure you don’t spend too much time and resources in making a file, even document folders or paper clips were not allowed. Booking time was 09.30am but I was allowed in at 8.30am, very happy. As suggested by others, airport style security, absolutely wonderful and friendly staff, didn’t feel I was in Home Office. By 09.30am biometrics was done and I was waiting for decision. After some time I got 3 calls on my mobile which I missed, ha. But then my name was called out, but it was not the answer but a letter from uni was asked, which was with me and provided. 1pm, ticket number called again, and it was the news which gave me shivers, I was told that the application was accepted, was very happy.

My advise, don’t give all documents, just give what is asked but keep all documents. I had all documents but I did not give all extra documents, just what they wanted. Make your and their life simple.

Called my mum dad and we all cried. It is a relief, thank you all on this forum, namely makky, thank you for your guidance and moral support, :D

Now I don't know what to do next. It's got a bit boring to be honest :lol: :lol:

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:22 pm

aaliya1986 wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:30 pm
Alhamdullilah. I have a good news.
Been on this forum and an everyday reader. Been following all of your stories and was happy every time I saw a success story. Now here is my story.

1. Category: SET LR
2. Number of dependents: 0
3. Total cost: £2887.00
4. PEO branch: Croydon
5. Documents provided:
  • SET LR Form – Typed on computer, Black INK
    - All passports covering duration
    - LIUK Pass Certificate
    - UK Degree
    - Visa and travel summary outlining all travel and visas got during this time
    - Uni Letter (On Request)

6. Absences more than 180 days in any of the qualifying years: No
7. Any Additional Comments.

Booked the appointment 42 days in advance. Made and took a file but it was not allowed by the Data Entry admins so make sure you don’t spend too much time and resources in making a file, even document folders or paper clips were not allowed. Booking time was 09.30am but I was allowed in at 8.30am, very happy. As suggested by others, airport style security, absolutely wonderful and friendly staff, didn’t feel I was in Home Office. By 09.30am biometrics was done and I was waiting for decision. After some time I got 3 calls on my mobile which I missed, ha. But then my name was called out, but it was not the answer but a letter from uni was asked, which was with me and provided. 1pm, ticket number called again, and it was the news which gave me shivers, I was told that the application was accepted, was very happy.

My advise, don’t give all documents, just give what is asked but keep all documents. I had all documents but I did not give all extra documents, just what they wanted. Make your and their life simple.

Called my mum dad and we all cried. It is a relief, thank you all on this forum, namely makky, thank you for your guidance and moral support, :D

Now I don't know what to do next. It's got a bit boring to be honest :lol: :lol:
Congratulations, Maybe make an application for naturalisation as a British Citizen.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

samsul
Newly Registered

Post by samsul » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:26 am

Congratulations.
As your visa was refused one time and won appeal. Have you mentioned any where on the application form or cover letter regarding that.
I will appreciate if you help me to share this As I have same situation. Thanks