ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

7 weeks delay after successful Administrative Review

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kat khu
Newly Registered

7 weeks delay after successful Administrative Review

Post by kat khu » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:13 pm

Hello,

I would like to get any helpful info or advice regarding an extremely long delay in returning the passport from the UK Embassy in Istambul. Here is the situation:

- On 19th of October 2017, my husband and I had applied for Tier 2 in tandem in the Visa Application Center in Tashkent. All documents were sent to UK Embassy in Istanbul.

- In next two weeks, I got my Visa as the main applicant. However, my husband got the refusal for his dependant visa. The EC Officer stated that he doubted we even met in real life and our submitted marriage certificate was considered as a falsification. It was quite ridiculous because before the last application my husband had been getting 2 UK visas as my dependent from the same Embassy. Moreover, at that time we were not even married.

- On 1st of November 2017, my husband applied for the Administrative review.

- On 24th of November, he received a positive reply that the decision was overturned.

- On 28th of November 217, he sent his passport again to the UK Embassy in Istanbul via the Visa Application Center in Tashkent to get his visa sticker.

Since that time it's been 7 weeks and he still hasn't got his passport back...
It's been 2 months since the time I had to move to London without him because my employer couldn't be waiting for my husband's visa.

We've been calling and sending emails to the gov.uk visa support centre many times. But it seems that the service just takes the money and does nothing. My first call cost me about 25 pounds when I called to report about the delay. The operator assured me that the issue would be escalated the very same day. However, when I called again right before the Christmas to check out the update I was told that my first call wasn't even recorded and the issue wasn't escalated due to the system failure. So I had to report it one more time again as if I've never called them. And it caused even more delay since the escalation also takes 15 working days.

Can it be that they just lost his passport and now they dragging this on before admitting? Other than that, I can't find any reason why 7 weeks isn't enough for just to put the visa sticker when the decision is already made!

Could someone who has the same situation help me to explain why it is taking so long for the passport to come back? Or are there any ways to speed up the process?

Thank you in advance!

angie900
Newly Registered
Philippines

Re: 7 weeks delay after successful Administrative Review

Post by angie900 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:30 am

I have the same problem with you. I submitted my passport last 4 Dec 17 after the successful administrative review. I have not received my passport and visa. I have also send an email and called the UKVI overseas enquiry but no resolution was given.
:cry:

kat khu
Newly Registered

Post by kat khu » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:57 pm

angie900, thank you so much for your reply!
Yes, it's a nightmare how long it takes for the money they get from us!
I called them today again. I was told that the status is still the same, nothing changed much. They asked to call back after the deadline of the escalation which is 17th of Jan. Then, they will be able to escalate the issue one more time again with the waiting period of 15 working days more. And they have no clue why 7 weeks isn't enough time to put the sticker to the passport.
They told me that there is no other way to contact the Embassy and speed up the process. The only thing I can do it to complain but I did it a week ago and they consider all the complaints within 25 working days. No one got back to me so far :lol:

angie900
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by angie900 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:12 pm

I'm really frustrated on how UKVI and Home Office treat my application. It was their mistake, especially the ECO, that they refused my application since they treated my application lightly that they did not even look on the documents I've submitted. Now, I am paying and suffering for their incompetence. :evil: :x :evil: :x

I have also submitted my enquiry 4 times.
1st- 21 Dec 17 through email and they said I can get my passport by 27 Dec 17 but it did not happen.
2nd 28 Dec 17 through email but no resolution was given
3rd 2 Jan 18 through email and they said they will escalate my case
4th- 11 Jan 18 through phone call and the only answer given was to wait for 15 working days.

I wanted to send a complaint but I would rather reserve it later.
I really hope it will not take that long.

angie900
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by angie900 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:23 pm

Just an update.
I received an email from VAC last January 16 to collect my documents and I got it today.

kat khu
Newly Registered

Post by kat khu » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:38 pm

angie900 - thank you so much for the update!

kat khu
Newly Registered

Post by kat khu » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:22 am

A follow up for someone who might be interested in the same topic.

My husband still hasn't got his passport. It's been more than 3 months since the day we had seen each other. We made the escalations many times via phone line and emails but noone is getting back to us.
The complaint form on the gov.uk isn't helping because they don't consider the applications made outside the UK. We found out that there is no deadline for the administrative review process and it might take forever for the UKVI to return the passport even with ready decision about the visa.

We found out some articles in guardian, independent,express, etc about the mess in the home office and how they prioritize visa applications based on profit. There are so many examples similar our case.

I really don't know what to do now and where to go to ask for a help. The deadlock has been going on for much too long.

If anyone with the similar situation, please get in touch.

Thank you!

sassyhn
Newly Registered
Mood:
Philippines

Post by sassyhn » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:13 am

hello.

have you received your passport back yet? my daughter is in similar situation, it has been 10 weeks now since we submitted her passport but no news yet. thanks i advance!