ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT: EMAIL FROM IRISH NATURALISATION

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

trustworthy
Ireland

URGENT: EMAIL FROM IRISH NATURALISATION

Post by trustworthy » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:19 am

Hy everyone.

I need your help in following matter.

In July 2017, my wife applied for Irish citizenship based on spouse of an Irish citizen. After return of her passport, in August 2017, the department asked for further documents i.e. utility bills, GP letter, bank statement etc. We provided these document in September 2017, and received the acknowledgement in the same month, September 2017, that the documents are received by the citizenship division. After that we did not hear anything from them at all, not any second stage letter. Just now in January 2018, we sent them an email for the update of our case, and received the following reply.

Thank you for your email. I have been informed by the relevant area that
your application for naturalisation continues to be processed. If further
documentation and/or clarification of any matter related to your
application is required from you, we will write to you requesting it.

Please Note each application is assessed on an individual basis and the
amount of time gathering all the necessary information varies from
application to application. While it is not possible to give an exact
timeframe, this office will be in touch as soon as a decision has been
reached.

Regards

Citizenship Helpdesk
Team 1

Now could someone advise that at what stage is our case now? What next? Shall we receive the 2nd stage letter or the decision directly. Please advise us. Your valuable comments, suggestions and experiences in this regard will be much appreciated.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Re: URGENT: EMAIL FROM IRISH NATURALISATION

Post by Mal111 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:21 pm

in second letter it clearly state that your application has progressed to second stage

in many cases people received their decision directly without receiving a second stage letter
there is no time limit to when you should receive your second stage letter and from then your decision so they are right in saying all applications are delt on cases to cases base.

most people receive their second stage letter between 3 to 6 months after their acknowledgement letter roughly

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:23 pm

Let me step in here.

That message doesnt look like the one i got for second stage. Now as you know some people never got second stage letter and got approval as well. :mrgreen:

The message you got is a generic message they use to get rid of people. just way of saying be patient. It content doesnt indicates much as least base on my own experience and what i have see in this forum for the pas year.

As for me i got second stage letter but does it really mean anything ? some people got it and yet had to wait for more than a year.

What i'm doing right now is i am not expecting anything at all. I am even planning to go renew my current passport in 5 months. Only when i open approval letter then i will start thinking about it :)

Good luck

trustworthy
Ireland

Post by trustworthy » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:12 pm

Dear Mal111
Thank you for your comments. Your comments and response is much apprecited.
Mal111 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:21 pm
in second letter it clearly state that your application has progressed to second stage

in many cases people received their decision directly without receiving a second stage letter
there is no time limit to when you should receive your second stage letter and from then your decision so they are right in saying all applications are delt on cases to cases base.

most people receive their second stage letter between 3 to 6 months after their acknowledgement letter roughly

trustworthy
Ireland

Post by trustworthy » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:22 pm

Dear broli,

Thank you for your valuable comments. Your help and support is much appreciated.

With my best and sincere regards,

broli wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:23 pm
Let me step in here.

That message doesnt look like the one i got for second stage. Now as you know some people never got second stage letter and got approval as well. :mrgreen:

The message you got is a generic message they use to get rid of people. just way of saying be patient. It content doesnt indicates much as least base on my own experience and what i have see in this forum for the pas year.

As for me i got second stage letter but does it really mean anything ? some people got it and yet had to wait for more than a year.

What i'm doing right now is i am not expecting anything at all. I am even planning to go renew my current passport in 5 months. Only when i open approval letter then i will start thinking about it :)

Good luck

mh123
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by mh123 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:44 pm

hi guys .
i applied citizenship in feb 2016 .got my second stage letter with in 1 weak ..with acknowledgement .but still hav not get approvel .send them few mails .mostly continues to be processed .in my last email i got reply back from .help desk Team 4 .wondering anyone have idea that is Team 4 well advanced stage ? ..as i have read on this form that Team 1 is initial stage reply ..its been changed now before department used to reply saying stages of application but they dont say it anymore ...anyone has anyi nformarion about that getting reply back from diffrent teams mean diffrent stages of application ?

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:56 am

Hi The old format is most likely gone .

Now you have Initial stage then 2 second stage and approval.

Now second stage is the most complicated one in fact thats where they investigate about you and your history. Sometimes it can be difficult to get information about you from some other countries if they tried to verify something. So keep the hope up that you will make it ASAP.