ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting time for correction of naturalization certificate

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kayschiller
Newly Registered

Waiting time for correction of naturalization certificate

Post by kayschiller » Fri May 13, 2016 12:00 pm

I was naturalized in January 2016 but the Home Office made a small error on my naturalization certificate (they forgot one letter in my middle name). I have sent the certificate with supporting documentation to the HO Liverpool address where it was received on 3 February. I was told it would take 8-10 weeks for this to be processed. After ten weeks I called the nationality helpline who told me that it was still being processed but were unable to give me any indication how long it would take. It is now more than 15 weeks since I sent it and I have a passport application on hold. Anybody else out there in a similar predicament or with recent experiences of this? Grateful if you could let me know how log it took for your or if you are still waiting like me :cry:

odnok
Newly Registered

Re: Waiting time for correction of naturalization certificat

Post by odnok » Sat May 14, 2016 3:23 pm

sorry to hear... it is very frustrating for sure
I've sent original of my certificate and copy of passport to correct place of birth
6 weeks past nothing yet... I'm going to call them tomorrow to find out..
When you was talking to them ..did they confirm that they received documents or I guess it is the same generic answer to everyone ..."wait for 10 weeks"...and then we will tell you that we lost your docs

some people getting their certificates within a week...
Does anyone knows if there email address where you can send formal request?
Thanks

kayschiller
Newly Registered

Post by kayschiller » Sat May 14, 2016 9:33 pm

I sent the certificate by registered mail to
Department 1
UKVI
The Capital
New Hall Place
Liverpool
L3 9PP
So I have documentation that it was received. The Nationality Line and their referral seemed to suggest that it was still being processed but that there was a backlog. There is no email address but I was told I could write a letter to Department 1. I just thought that's pointless, as I would probably have to wait for a response even longer. :roll:

odnok
Newly Registered

Post by odnok » Wed May 25, 2016 9:08 pm

Hi kayshiller, any news? have you received back your certificates mate?

kayschiller
Newly Registered

Post by kayschiller » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:30 pm

Nope, nothing yet, written to the HO and called nationality line but to no effect, effectively depriving me of my rights as a British citizen to a passport

kayschiller
Newly Registered

Post by kayschiller » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:32 pm

Just when I was losing the hope that this sorry saga of inefficiency would come to an end, I today received the corrected naturalization certificate. For the record it took the HO 4 months and 1 week to reprint a certificate on which one single letter was wrong due to a clerical error on their part. In the meantime I could not proceed with my passport application and exercise my rights to travel abroad. It took a couple of phone calls and a letter of complaint to get officials moving in the end. I am profoundly unimpressed and wish others in a less fortunate situation than me best of luck in their dealings with that part of the UK government.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:43 am

Wow that is a amount of time to wait for their error to be corrected. Glad you FINALLY got there.

Lilly62
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Re: Waiting time for correction of naturalization certificate

Post by Lilly62 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:42 pm

Hi.I sent my Citizenship Certificate back to the Home Office and wondering how long will take to correct my name.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Waiting time for correction of naturalization certificate

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:46 pm

Lilly62 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:42 pm
Hi.I sent my Citizenship Certificate back to the Home Office and wondering how long will take to correct my name.
Again, please desist for tagging the same question onto old topics and continue in the one you already have.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.