ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU citizens pregnant

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nikky_Nair
Newly Registered
Mood:
Portugal

EU citizens pregnant

Post by Nikky_Nair » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:13 am

Hi,
I am pregnant 🤰 and my baby is due in April 2018
I would like to register my baby as a British citizen
Which documents are required for the registration of the baby?
I have already a Resident Card.
Thank you so much 😊 :D

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: EU citizens pregnant

Post by makky86 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:43 am

Nikky_Nair wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:13 am
Hi,
I am pregnant 🤰 and my baby is due in April 2018
I would like to register my baby as a British citizen
Which documents are required for the registration of the baby?
I have already a Resident Card.
Thank you so much 😊 :D
Do you have permanent residency?
https://www.gov.uk/eea-registration-cer ... -residence
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

Nikky_Nair
Newly Registered
Mood:
Portugal

Post by Nikky_Nair » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:12 am

YES I do have one doesn’t have any expire date and contains my picture. If that is the one

twgal
United Kingdom

Post by twgal » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:22 am

There are 2 types of blue cards: residence cards and permanent residence cards. Which one do you have? Does it say permanent on it?

Nikky_Nair
Newly Registered
Mood:
Portugal

Post by Nikky_Nair » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:29 am

:lol: I didn’t even know there was 2 types
No is Just saying resident card there is no permanent word on it. Should I make than the Permanent resident card

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:34 am

Nikky_Nair wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:29 am
:lol: I didn’t even know there was 2 types
No is Just saying resident card there is no permanent word on it. Should I make than the Permanent resident card
You cannot register your child until one of the parents have settled status i.e. PR or British citizenship
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

Nikky_Nair
Newly Registered
Mood:
Portugal

Post by Nikky_Nair » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:35 am

So if I make the PR which other documents I need to register the child?
How is the registration made

gaffarn
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by gaffarn » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:43 am

Now you have a resident card but not permanent resident yet, once you have the permanent residency apply with Form T for your child to become a British Citizen, because child is under 10 years old over that age until 18 years old apply with Form MN1.

Nikky_Nair
Newly Registered
Mood:
Portugal

Post by Nikky_Nair » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:47 am

Do I need to wait 10 years of the kid residency?

gaffarn
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by gaffarn » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:00 am

More important is if you can become a permanent resident before April 2018 when your child is born. If you can do that then according to the guidance of Form T you don't even have to register your child because the child if you are settled here (with permanent residency) automatically becomes a British Citizen.

Others before me on this thread said you should get permanent residency first then apply but what is important to the home office is when the child was born what was your status here in the UK.

Now home office for residency is doing fast track applications, why you don't go that route and get your settled status done first, then you don't have to worry about your child, you can get a direct british passport for your child whenever.

Nikky_Nair
Newly Registered
Mood:
Portugal

Post by Nikky_Nair » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:10 am

Ah ok now makes more sense
Thank you so much Gaffarn :wink:
I will definitely do the fast tract of the PR
I just wasn’t sure if I need to take any documents with me for the registration. If I take my ID and my PR with Me should be enough than for the child to be British citizens.

Nikky_Nair
Newly Registered
Mood:
Portugal

Post by Nikky_Nair » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:32 am

The card that I have is called
Residence documentation
Was issue in Liverpool and doesn’t have expired date.
So this card that I have is not valid?

twgal
United Kingdom

Post by twgal » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:45 am

Your card is valid and it's a residence card, however it's not a permanent resident card. You can only get a permanent resident card after living and working/studying in the UK for 5 years. When did you move to tehe UK?

If you have been here for more than 5 years and you meet the requirements for permanent residence, apply now for a PR card - before April 2018 - if you do, then your child will be a British Citizen. If you do not meet the requirements for permanent residency, then wait and apply when you've been here for 5+ years.

This is how you apply for permanent residence cards https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-resid ... dence-card

twgal
United Kingdom

Post by twgal » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:48 am

PS. Also, who is the father of the child? Is he a British citizen or a permanent resident?

Nikky_Nair
Newly Registered
Mood:
Portugal

Post by Nikky_Nair » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:54 am

Thank you so much I am doing the application already I just need to find my P60s I’ve moved to the uk in 2011 but I wasn’t working or studying at that time so will be hard to prove that I was here. I start work only in 2012 Feb I think. But I don’t have any p60 from that time, well I will have to check my papers and maybe contact Hmrc. Thank you so much
The Father is not part of EU or British citizen so no point to go from his side.

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:21 am

Nikky_Nair wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:54 am
Thank you so much I am doing the application already I just need to find my P60s I’ve moved to the uk in 2011 but I wasn’t working or studying at that time so will be hard to prove that I was here. I start work only in 2012 Feb I think. But I don’t have any p60 from that time, well I will have to check my papers and maybe contact Hmrc. Thank you so much
The Father is not part of EU or British citizen so no point to go from his side.
The easiest route:
  • Apply for permanent residence. You should have obtained permanent residence status from 2016 or 2017 (whichever you can prove continuity after).
  • After obtaining it (takes about 4 months), apply for a British passport for your infant. (<100GBP, about 6 weeks)
In the meantime, assuming you are an EU citizen and your child can get your nationality by blood (jus sanguinis), it would be useful to apply for a national passport for your kid at your embassy, as the EEA(PR) route permanent residence certificate may take time and there is always a risk of rejection (health insurance, absences, whatever...).

Done.

P.S. Even if you get your Permanent Residence certificate after your child is born, it is retroactive. The accompanying letter would mention the date (in the past) that you acquired permanent residence status. The aforementioned apply if this is before the date of birth of your child.

Nikky_Nair
Newly Registered
Mood:
Portugal

Post by Nikky_Nair » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:00 pm

Thank you Ariskar
I have applied today will send the paper work tomorrow I didn’t find the fast tract, let’s see might be quick.
Thank you for your time I’ll do that I was thinking to go back home for maternity now I don’t think I can go. Was thinking as well to wait to register the kid until the PR comes.

twgal
United Kingdom

Post by twgal » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:05 am

If your child will be born outside of the UK then there will be no automatic entitlement to citizenship.

Nikky_Nair
Newly Registered
Mood:
Portugal

Post by Nikky_Nair » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:23 am

I know, I’ll have the child here and than go for 4 months. I am entitled to 52 weeks off work

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:00 am

Once you become entitled to or if you are already getting SMP (Statutory Maternity Pay) from employment and then go abroad, your employer must keep paying you SMP.

Therefore if you get SMP and give birth, then you can be abroad for the duration of your SMP.

However, doing so for longer than 3 months would make you ineligible to apply for naturalisation for yourself and have to wait for 1 year to pass (max 90 days absence in last year before naturalisation).

What I would do:
If you get EEA(PR) permanent residence certificate, you can apply for citizenship and then leave while it is considered. Make sure someone gets letters for you and return only for biometrics and ceremony.

Nikky_Nair
Newly Registered
Mood:
Portugal

Post by Nikky_Nair » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:15 am

Cool thank you so much. I am still working and will work until the end of pregnancy. I don’t want to become British National. But I’ll do just the PR because of the baby 👶 want the baby to be naturalized here. :lol: